Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sicboy13

Re: Ace Merrill's Switchblade... Rizzuto?

Post by sicboy13 »

He's rockin a devil lock tho, must be a Misfits fan :)

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
wild zebra

Post by wild zebra »

I know this is slightly off topic, but still movie switchblades, I'm a big Italian horror movie fan and the Director Dario Argento from the 70's definately had some switchblade airtime. Not sure if I can pull any stills but hopefully some of you are fans.
BTB0923

Re: Movie Switchblades

Post by BTB0923 »

wild zebra wrote:I know this is slightly off topic, but still movie switchblades, I'm a big Italian horror movie fan and the Director Dario Argento from the 70's definately had some switchblade airtime. Not sure if I can pull any stills but hopefully some of you are fans.
Here are a few shots from "Four Flies on Grey Velvet"...

Last edited by BTB0923 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
wild zebra

Post by wild zebra »

Hell yeh. Thats the one that starts with that wicked drum solo right and has a wicked decapitation scene?? It's been awhile. I can't remember if it's Opera or Deep Red there is a slow rolling close up of a leather handed glove going over a vanity or dresser and there's a nice close up of a Switch.

My first band was called Profondo Rosso lol!

The Alfred Hitchcock of Italian Horror!!
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

On the topic of movie switches, I read today that John Bender (Judd Nelson) provided his own switchblade for the movie the Breakfast Club. I looked for a still online but can't find one.... I'm thinking another Rizzy or clone.... any one have pics?

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

sicboy13 wrote:On the topic of movie switches, I read today that John Bender (Judd Nelson) provided his own switchblade for the movie the Breakfast Club. I looked for a still online but can't find one.... I'm thinking another Rizzy or clone.... any one have pics?
Best I can do...

Definitely looks like it could be a Rizzy but its a pretty fuzzy pic, and it survives an awfully hard slam into that chair.
Last edited by BTB0923 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

I remember he lines it up before sticking it in the chair, hit that at the wrong angle and SNAP! Seeing how it was his own & not a prop, don't blame him! Wonder if he provided his own "smoking materials" also :)

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

It was reputed to be Judds own knife he carried for protection. I think it's a nice stiletto. :?: @ 1 minute 20 sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgGVZ5qPDfs
Leverlock switchblades
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Jeff_75 wrote:It was reputed to be Judds own knife he carried for protection. I think it's a nice stiletto. :?: @ 1 minute 20 sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgGVZ5qPDfs
I agree,he lines it up and sticks it in pretty good and there is no movement at all.
Seems to me like a Rizzie would not be that solid.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

And when I see Ali Sheedy pull it from the chair and steal it ( same clip lower right) I still see no movement to the knife and it looks like she really had to pull for a second :lol:
Leverlock switchblades
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Well I watched the movie in HD.
It's a swinger w/ a bail. It has a smooth black plastic handle and the blade is mirror shine and plain/thin looking.
Looks like the Motley Crue video knife
Sorry about the bad pics, heres the knife
Leverlock switchblades
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Jeff_75 wrote:Well I watched the movie in HD.
It's a swinger w/ a bail. It has a smooth black plastic handle and the blade is mirror shine and plain/thin looking.
Looks like the Motley Crue video knife
Sorry about the bad pics, heres the knife
Looks like the Crue knife to me too. I suppose if its got a bail and a flat grind blade like you said its got to be either a Korean or Taiwanese clone of a rizzy. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think all the real (pre-1980) Rizzutos with a flat grind blade had bat-wing guards, and it doesn't look like that one has them. Thanks for posting pics!
wild zebra wrote:Hell yeh. Thats the one that starts with that wicked drum solo right and has a wicked decapitation scene?? It's been awhile. I can't remember if it's Opera or Deep Red there is a slow rolling close up of a leather handed glove going over a vanity or dresser and there's a nice close up of a Switch.
It's Deep Red (Profondo Rosso), but there are actually two knives featured in that close-up pan. Here are some screen shots...

Last edited by BTB0923 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

edit nvmd
Last edited by BTB0923 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I wouldn't be surprised if so many of the "Rizzuto" clones are 'step bolster' Korean knives. Fun and fast, but not very sturdy. The two I brought back from Mexico are still a "kick in the pants".
Fishtail Picklock
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Fishtail Picklock wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if so many of the "Rizzuto" clones are 'step bolster' Korean knives. Fun and fast, but not very sturdy. The two I brought back from Mexico are still a "kick in the pants".
I'm under the impression that "step-bolster" Rizzutos have been determined to be of Japanese origin. The Rizzuto "clones" we are referring to are the Taiwanese and Korean copies that are not marked "Rizzuto Estileto Milano" at all. They look like the original Rizzutos, which are in essence copies of an original Italian design anyways, but are even poorer in construction. I wish Gunner or somebody would put together some sort of Rizzuto Estileto timeline, showing the different known models and estimated date and location of origin. I'd try, but I'm afraid of spreading misinformation.

Fishtail, do the two "step bolster" knives you got in Mexico have any writing on the tang or blade? If so, what does it say?