Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jorvik

Re: Movie Switchblades

Post by jorvik »

yeah, there is a safety on the lever , much like the ones on switchblade
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I saw a black handle Rizzuto switchblade in a shop window near the end of the movie Sid And Nancy.
Leverlock switchblades
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

Stephen King has a thing about switchblade knives, in most of his books somebody has one, and that somebody isn't very nice.

King was bullied as a child, and I'll bet at least one of his tormentors had a switchblade.
Life has no value, Death has a price
redeye

Post by redeye »

Watching the new episode of NCIS tonight and at around 13 minutes in there is a large tactical type switch pulled out for effect in the lab .Looks like one of the bigger benchmades maybe a tanto blade too. BTW it was Denozo that pulled out the knife.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Jeff_75 wrote:I saw a black handle Rizzuto switchblade in a shop window near the end of the movie Sid And Nancy.
8)

Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

$9.95 for a Rizzuto? I'll take it.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
peter44

Post by peter44 »

Hi guys , theyve remade a classic british gangster movie[ Brighton Rock,] There is quite a few fight scenes with switchblades . The original film was made in 1947 and was based on the horserace gangs of the 30s, their choice of shiv was the open razor, which had the blade taped almost to the tip so that any injury inflicted did not kill anyone so as to avoid the hangmans noose!!! if they were caught by the police with a razor in their top pocket they could simply say they were staying away from home and they needed to shave the next morning , Gillettes hadnt arrived over here then!! The remake is set in the sixties when gambling was still illegal unless at the racetrack, so the gangs fought over gambling territory. lots of italian stilettos in the new film . Check it out. :D
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

When was Sid and Nancy made? I had those knives with the folding guards as a kid! I have to say that it looks very similar to the old window displays in Times Square. Was the scene in NYC? The Rizzy, I suspect is a fake button model offered for sale there. If you zoom in on the picture the bayo blade seems to be more like these as they were thinner than real Rizzys, and the distance between the sliding safety and the button seems too far apart to be the real deal. I maybe wrong, but those fake button ones were all over in the 60s and early 70s....
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Tom19176 wrote:When was Sid and Nancy made? I had those knives with the folding guards as a kid! I have to say that it looks very similar to the old window displays in Times Square. Was the scene in NYC? The Rizzy, I suspect is a fake button model offered for sale there. If you zoom in on the picture the bayo blade seems to be more like these as they were thinner than real Rizzys, and the distance between the sliding safety and the button seems too far apart to be the real deal. I maybe wrong, but those fake button ones were all over in the 60s and early 70s....
I noticed the sign has the American $ mark and not the British Pound so it may be NYC :?:
The confusing thing is they would have been illegal in that time (early to mid 70's I think)
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Last night I caught a switch on 1984 flick "Night of the Comet". Half naked valley girl/cheerleader gets what looks like a cheap stiletto pulled on her in the bathroom by a zombie motorcycle cop.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

whippersnapper wrote:Last night I caught a switch on 1984 flick "Night of the Comet". Half naked valley girl/cheerleader gets what looks like a cheap stiletto pulled on her in the bathroom by a zombie motorcycle cop.

Half naked cheerleader and a zombie biker cop...don't you know that kind of thing will warp your young mind? :lol:
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Viking, the non auto ones were sold everywhere in the 70s in NYC as they were not viewed as illegal then. The law has not cahnged, but they would be considered gravity knives now....
redeye

Post by redeye »

I watched an episode of the tv show "HW I MET YOUR MOTHER" it was a re-run but the character called Marshall was talking about being scared to go out in New York city alone and said "I dont have a switchblade" as reason for not going out,no pics but it was mentioned.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Viking45 wrote:
whippersnapper wrote:Last night I caught a switch on 1984 flick "Night of the Comet". Half naked valley girl/cheerleader gets what looks like a cheap stiletto pulled on her in the bathroom by a zombie motorcycle cop.

Half naked cheerleader and a zombie biker cop...don't you know that kind of thing will warp your young mind? :lol:
Too late :twisted:
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

BTB0923 wrote:
Jeff_75 wrote:I saw a black handle Rizzuto switchblade in a shop window near the end of the movie Sid And Nancy.
8)

I recognize the other knives in the picture. They are identical to the one I bought new in the late 1970s or early 1980s.
Attachments
DSCF1688.JPG
DSCF1688.JPG (35.54 KiB) Viewed 8796 times
DSCF1687.JPG
DSCF1687.JPG (48.6 KiB) Viewed 8796 times