Manual

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Zack

Manual

Post by Zack »

Manual... Thumb knural... Any Opinions?
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

I have an LCC double action, and at least with the one I have you can flip the blade out there with the thumb stud almost as quick as using the bolster release. I have never had another, but this one is fast.
slappy / psychoticsumo

Post by slappy / psychoticsumo »

smith and wesson s.w.a.t. first millenium run
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

I'm taking manual to mean a 'not automatic' knife. Manual knives are great- one of my favorite carry blades of all was my Case 6111 1/2 L. With the proper finger hold on the blade this knife is one handed, as fast as an auto and all with no thumb stud. The only thing keeping this knife from being as cool as a switchblade is its lack of a button and kick spring.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

One cool manual opener is the Cold Steel Ti-Lite, no play on the blade when open and if you were to try, i'll bet you could shave with it.
I also love the Spyderco's with the hole on the blade instead of a stud, fast as any switch and legal.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Zack

Post by Zack »

Thanks, gentlemen, for the info. I am familiar with a couple of the ones you all mentioned, especially the S.W.A.T. models. This weekend, I ran across a Kershaw Whirlwind and, after I handled it for, oh, thirty seconds or so, I bought it... I realize it's not a pure manual, but it is one incredible one - hander... I'm looking forward to the Rainbow Leek.