"Christine" Movie knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jeff

"Christine" Movie knife

Post by Jeff »

I have a movie knife themed case in the works and I am enjoying seeing it come together but it will take me some time so in the meantime I thought I would practice one with a smaller 18" X 9" display case for the Movie John Carpenters "Christine" based on the Stephen King book in the 1980's.
In the Movie Arnie Cunningham has a 10 1/2" Japan Rizzuto swinguard pulled on him ( knife picture at the bottom of case) by a terrible bully named Buddy Repperton. Here is the knife with some old 50's car key blanks with a photo of the identical movie knife and Arnies supernatural 58' Plymouth Fury taking revenge. :lol:
It goes well with my movie theme framed art I have on the walls (and the switchblades) It's cool what a couple of little picture frames and home made glossy photos can do for a display case.
Leverlock switchblades
Viking45

Re: "Christine" Movie knife

Post by Viking45 »

That's pretty darn cool Jeff.
I know this was kind of a sorry movie for Charles Bronson but in Deathwish III the leader of the street gang pulls out what looks like an 11" or 13" brass flat guard with a clip style blade and possibly black horn (too long ago to remember) and says: "This is the stickerette...and you are the stick-ee" and proceeded to poke a hole in the guy with it.
My point is- it was an unusual knife and I was wondering if anyone might know what it was...that is if you can sit through that movie long enough. I think it was in the first 15/20 mins or so.

Carl Weathers had one in the movie Force 10 From Navarone.
James Coburn had a Stiletto in the Magnificent Seven (uh I didn't know they had them back in the 1800's) :lol:
And my fave,Clint Eastwood taped an 11" Italian to his leg in the first Dirty Harry.
I know other movie knives were discussed somewhere else but I don't think these were mentioned.

I like your display,the keys are a great touch. You should check salvage yards or e-bay for a hood ornament or some kind of emblem from an old Fury.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Viking45 wrote:You should check salvage yards or e-bay for a hood ornament or some kind of emblem from an old Fury.
Thanks, I did and they are tough to find. The keys are 2 vintage blanks from a 1950's car. I may add something over time but as I said the other movie case I am working should be done in a month and there is lots of vintage goodies going with the knives in that one. This is a simpler one, the "Buddy Repperton" :lol:
Sorry I'm not sure what kind of switch was in Death Wish.
Leverlock switchblades
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

VERY cool display Jeff! 8)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

The death wish one was a 15" flat (Standard blade) Death Wish I had a ton of switchblades in it!, the Clint Eastward I would agrue was a 13". The Mag Seven was a 11" pick lock with a bayo blade, and the Navorone was a Rizzuto ( Only one I am not totally sure about as it may have been a 11" Italian) Nice Case there Jeff!
gunner

Post by gunner »

Very cool display Jeff, I love it!! This film was my very first exposure to a Rizzuto swing guard. There was just something about the Buddy character in the film, lambchop sideburns, road drinking, muscle cars & bullying. His pockets looked empty, then he hauls out this huge 11" swing guard. Never has yogurt been so assaulted.
Great job, and I can't wait to see the other movie knife display!!
SPRINGER KÖNIG
Phil Elmore

Post by Phil Elmore »

Now that is iconic. Nicely done!
- Phil Elmore

Publisher, The Martialist
For Those Who Fight Unfairly
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

kool display, i had a '59 plymouth

tryker
captn hook

Post by captn hook »

Thats one hell of an idea, I would have never thought of it.
It really looks good, can't wait to see the other one. :)

Mike
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

What's the deal with Bullies being named "Buddy"
Here's a shot of Buddy Revell from Three O'clock High. And even though this was a comedy, this dude was so hard core! :D

Phil Elmore

Post by Phil Elmore »

And that movie -- which is excellent -- also features a swingguard stiletto!
- Phil Elmore

Publisher, The Martialist
For Those Who Fight Unfairly
vernfonk

Post by vernfonk »

~Chad wrote:What's the deal with Bullies being named "Buddy"
Here's a shot of Buddy Revell from Three O'clock High. And even though this was a comedy, this dude was so hard core! :D

That was an awesome movie.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Chad, in 3:00 high didn't they plant the same Rizzi in Buddys locker?
Thanks for the good comments guys, I had a Rizzi 10 1/2" just like this knife at the time when I was 12 and saw Christine but I had no idea it was the same brand as Reppertons I just knew they were the same type knife.
I hear you gunner, Stephen King really creates some characters doesn't he? :lol:
Leverlock switchblades
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

Jeff_75 wrote:Chad, in 3:00 high didn't they plant the same Rizzi in Buddys locker?
Thanks for the good comments guys, I had a Rizzi 10 1/2" just like this knife at the time when I was 12 and saw Christine but I had no idea it was the same brand as Reppertons I just knew they were the same type knife.
I hear you gunner, Stephen King really creates some characters doesn't he? :lol:
According to the gunner- and he is a rizzi swingKing- it was a 10 1/2" clone, one of those korean clones.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Oh right, I remember the other thread. it's the type with the different guards.
Leverlock switchblades