TalkBlade Memorial Day

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

TalkBlade Memorial Day

Post by tr4252 »

If you think from this that I have too much time on my hands, you're right, but just for the moment.

I've been thinking about past members. We've had commemorative knives (too many, in my opinion), but a lot of the recent members aren't aware of some of the characters that made this forum so interesting:

Pushbutton (Bob) He was the guy who vetted me when I joined in XXX. He informed me of such insightful stuff as; how a bolster lock works, that most Italian autos had the scales sticking way up higher than the bolsters, and if I didn't like it, I should look at custom knives, etc.....He was usually good for a laugh, always to-the-point, and pretty knowledgeable too. He handled trolls in a colorful way.

Teddy (Ron) Was also one of the first who interacted with me on the forum; I recall that he edited a profanity from one of my posts, for which I thanked him. I still watch/listen to his sound files sometimes; Wonderful Land by the Shadows being my favorite. He had a wry sense of humor, and was the only guy I knew who got so acrimonious when somebody used all caps in their posts (he said it was like shouting).

Tiny/Tiny Jr. I bought my first real auto from him. One of the great all-time vendors

Spotlight Kid Could narrate a story; like when he found a Kershaw Rainbow Leek outside a pub. I think he'd have made a great character on one of the Mad Max movies.

A lot of others are simply gone, for reasons I can only guess....Plastered Bastard, Claudster, Mr. Bigg, and many more.

Who remembers these guys? Any others?

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
jim d,

Re: TalkBlade Memorial Day

Post by jim d, »

I remember them all very well. I know Bob at least was on the old SKM forum as he was the first one to answer my first post there. Another member who I miss is Greyblade who apparently lost interest in collecting.

Jim
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Claudster opened his own forum but got so busy during "retirement" he took a leave of absence and left our own Tequisa in charge :idea:
I believe Mr Bigg went on to a position in Law Enforcement :idea:
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

tr4252 wrote:...I've been thinking about past members. We've had commemorative knives (too many, in my opinion), but a lot of the recent members aren't aware of some of the characters that made this forum so interesting....
Well, the commeroratives did give us an excuse to buy "just one more". Otherwise, fully agree.
Others I miss are Bowtown Blade, Blackjack, Moe, Jagman, hoody, Blade Switcher, YHWH-NISSI, the list goes on.......
jim d, wrote:....apparently lost interest in collecting.
This has happened to many of our old compadres. People retire, go onto other interests, find that other priorities prevail, etc.
slappy / psychoticsumo

Post by slappy / psychoticsumo »

hey guys, whats shakkinn, im still around, i stop by and check the posts and look at the pics weekly.
since illinois is taboo these days i havnt participated in the hobby in a long time or had much to say.
for those that liked my music and whatnot i finally broke down and made a myspace page for my songs.

http://www.myspace.com/psychoticsumo
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Hi!

I could never end thanking all these great guys, which helped TalkBlade (former SKM forum) become the nice spot it seems to be these day.

M.
Mr_Guano

Post by Mr_Guano »

Ah, heck. You almost brought a tear to my eye there...
Memories come back to me, I was in college university when I joined here.
I had long chats with Ron on MSN while I was supposed to be working on assignments :mrgreen:
(don't worry, I passed and have a decent job now)
He was cool, I really enjoyed our chats back then... The day I learned of his death I was a little catatonic.

I've also stopped collecting autos (partly due to the "decent" job, autos are strictly illegal here),
and am not a frequent poster around here anymore.

Mr.Bigg in law enforcement? That's a joke, right? :shock:

Gunnar
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Hi Slappy!

Hi Gunnar!

Great to hear from you guys. I miss Ron ; we were also net pen pals.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?