New campolin hunter

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tom19176

Re: New campolin hunter

Post by Tom19176 »

leighdog, did you get the knife?? How is it???
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

He is probably pissed....I know I would be....pay $145 then see the same knife for $99.
SRD115

Post by SRD115 »

The 99.95 site also has a FREE SHIPPING option!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to get mine in stag.
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

Wish it were the 13 Campolin Swinger for $99 :)
cam

Post by cam »

Wow- that is a great price!
I'm not sure anything in this thread is necessarily directed at me (I assume some of must be since it was my website that was initially linked to). I don't know which website has the cocobolo for $30 more than the others. I hope not ours- I checked and our prices are all roughly the same price.
In any event I saw the word "gouging" used and I thought I'd take a moment to comment. $99.95 shipped is incredible- it's not something we can even offer. I don't know how Kevin is doing that, so Kudos to him. One thing to keep in mind on the Hunter series AGA Campolin has asked people who are selling it to keep the price above a certain threshold. Companies like ours are often torn between honoring the requests of manufacturers and offering the knife as cheaply as possible. Sometimes we can stike a compromise, sometimes we can't. In any event- we offer the best price we're able to. No one I know of has the best price on everything (and as many of you know a "good deal" can get expensive quickly). If anyone has gotten this knife from us shoot me an email (cam@bladeplay) and we'll see what we can do for you. All the best,

-Cam
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

cam wrote:I don't know which website has the cocobolo for $30 more than the others. I hope not ours
Mr. Cam,

At the time of that post Mr. Stu711 only had the cocobolo in stock. He was axing $175 buck dollars. He currently has a variety of different scales and is axing $175 buck dollars for all types, except stag, which are a few buck dollars more... I mistakenly believed the cocoblo scales were more expensive than horn because, at the time, I didn't have anything else to compare them to.
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
javacupper

Post by javacupper »

Cam,

I mentioned Kevin's price and I have gotten excellent service from him. I have also received excellent service from you and some great knives including the ones pictured below. I will be continuing to do business with both you and Kevin. If I see something that stands out on your websites, I will be just as quick to mention it. Again, thanks for your quality service.
Attachments
IMG_0290.JPG
IMG_0290.JPG (215.55 KiB) Viewed 6331 times
The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

$99 $145 $175 same day for the same knife...makes you wonder how much the dealers pay for them wholesale...then mark them up according to their greed....ahem...I mean need. :)
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

I just bookmarked another site.
big_ski

Post by big_ski »

What is the design background on this knife? Is it a something new or a retro bring-back? Thanks.
SRD115

Post by SRD115 »

That's one of the beauties of the Internet, as a purchaser you can shop around for the best prices.
I've bought from Bladeplay in the past. Overall, very decent prices and super fast service.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

springmesser,

Regarding your comment about price and the good ones list, absolute lowest price has never been a criteria for us. We look at honesty, reliability, not shipping defects as first quality, and willingness to stand behind products sold As Cam mentioned, no one place has the lowest prices on everything.

Jim
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

jim d, wrote:springmesser,

Regarding your comment about price and the good ones list, absolute lowest price has never been a criteria for us. We look at honesty, reliability, not shipping defects as first quality, and willingness to stand behind products sold As Cam mentioned, no one place has the lowest prices on everything.

Jim
Well it should be....."honesty" and "price gouging/ridicules mark up" cannot exist in the same space.

I think its good for us consumers to use this forum to discuss prices.....helps keep the dealers from turning into greedy pigs.
We as consumers need to stick together for our own benefit....and not be cheerleaders for people who regard us as a money source...if we are their bread and butter....we have to use our leverage to keep things fair....the dealers make a profit....and we do not get over charged.
javacupper

Post by javacupper »

Kevin sent me an email about the Hunters. They are a new arrival that he is selling at a regular price of $129.95. He is having an introductory sale at $99.99 for a short time. Apparently an associate did not indicate this sale when they were posted on the site but it has been changed now.
The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Price gouging and honesty don't co-exist. None of the prices quoted in this thread appproach gouging. There are sites that charge over $200 for knives that can be obtained through the good ones for ~$50.

+/- 25% or so in price for a given knife should be considered variation within the norm.

Jim