Microtech LCC Generation Question

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
hollowdweller

Microtech LCC Generation Question

Post by hollowdweller »

Can anyone tell me what it means when someone refers to 1st generation or 4th generation Microtech LCC's? I see that mentioned a lot, but don't really know what they are referring to. Is just age, or is there some sort of mechanical difference?
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I would think it would be the production line, lets say the 1st generation only had smaller blades and only B-blasted hardware the second one might have polished and B-blasted hardware and larger models, altough I am not that farmilar with microtech.
C.A.Charlap

Re: Microtech LCC Generation Question

Post by C.A.Charlap »

[quote="hollowdweller"]Can anyone tell me what it means when someone refers to 1st generation or 4th generation Microtech LCC's? I see that mentioned a lot, but don't really know what they are referring to. Is just ag

I think I can help a bit. For the MT LCC when it first came out it had titanium bolsters.This was the first generation. I understand that the equipment to machine them and the production workers were having a tough time. Second generations came out with Aluminum bolsters. I think the lastest versions with the SV90 are third generation. I haven't had the chance to examine one yet but I'd bet they had aluminum bolsters!