New Mikovs arrived

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tanto

Post by tanto »

Brenster wrote:Ok time for a serious post for once.
I have looked at that Mikov site that Mr Tanto has and I love the black ABS handled auto knife because it comes with all the bits my Swiss knife had but with a big ole auto blade in there as well all in one package.

So Mr Tanto I want one please,I see they arent on sale yet so when can I get one as its just what I have been looking for.Also how much will I have to pay ($70 is that right) and can I have one shipped to the UK,dont worry about customs as it is legal to buy them from abroad.

I dont know if thats your company or not but I just guessed that it is,anyway I hope you can help me. :D

:twisted: BRE/\/STER :twisted:
I am not exactly sure which model you have in mind. The 241 NH 3 (blade, 2 openers) is available now (with ABS handles). You should find its price in my price list. If you do not find particular knife in a price list it is not available. Please e-mail me if you need more info: info@mikovknives.com

BTW I have other varieties on order - all different combinations in wood and stag (241 ND2, 241 ND3, 241 NP3, 241 NP 4 etc...). The funny thing is - they (Mikov) will not make them if you do not order them - so I ordered all possible handle/blade combinations.

David
---------------

My knives + watches
JF

New Design?

Post by JF »

The lever seems different in kind of a elongated # 5 way
that I have'nt seen before. Hope the didn't change the
metal used to a cheaper one.
tanto

Re: New Design?

Post by tanto »

JF wrote:The lever seems different in kind of a elongated # 5 way
that I have'nt seen before. Hope the didn't change the
metal used to a cheaper one.
The lever is the same and unfortunately it is one of the things they want to change :(. I hope they reconsider this step....
---------------

My knives + watches
Brenster

Post by Brenster »

Sorry Dave I should of explained :oops: ,I want a 241 NH 4 with the main blade,bottle opener/screwdriver,can opener and saw.
According to your site this model is not available yet so any idea when it will be and any idea on the price?
Do you also ship to the UK,might sound like a silly question but theres point in me wanting one if you dont ship them here. :)

So you wanna play rough huh??
Say hello to my little friend!!
hollowdweller

mikov

Post by hollowdweller »

Brenster,

I got two of the kits and am having them combined into a "Swiss/Czech army Mikov. Will be a while probably be a while,
but I'll try to share a pic when it's done if I can figure out how.
The plan is to have all the attachments you mention. Figure it should be a meaty knife!
tanto

Post by tanto »

Brenster wrote:Sorry Dave I should of explained :oops: ,I want a 241 NH 4 with the main blade,bottle opener/screwdriver,can opener and saw.
According to your site this model is not available yet so any idea when it will be and any idea on the price?
Do you also ship to the UK,might sound like a silly question but theres point in me wanting one if you dont ship them here. :)

OK, I got it :). This one is not available now and as I said, if I do not order it they will not make it :(. I have just ordered the knives in wood and stag and will wait to see what they can do. So far I have only heard of the other combinations, but I have not seen the finished products (only the 241 ND3 and then the stag prototype that I have). But I have not seen any with the saw at all. I also have no idea how much it will be.
As for shipping to UK... I have not shipped to your country before. I do not know if the packages get checked by customs.... I can ship it but the risk is yours. BTW I will be in UK (London area) in two weeks (if you want some other Mikovs).

David
---------------

My knives + watches
tanto

Post by tanto »

OK, I have just talked to the production manager at Mikov and... the 241 NH 4 (blade, openers and saw) will not be produced - at least not in near future. So they will produce only 241 ND2, 241 NP2 (blade and saw), 241 ND3, 241 NP3 (blade and openers), 241 ND4 and 241 NP4 (blade, openers and cork screw) D=wood, P=stag. In ABS they will have 241 NH2 (blade and saw) and 241NH3 (blade and openers). This one is already available, the 241 NH2 should be available soon and will be just slightly more expensive than the 241NH3. Then of course there are the 241 NH,D,P 1 (blade) available anytime.

David
---------------

My knives + watches
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I know this was already mentioned on the old forum, my question is can a pocket clip be added to the Mikov's. I have a few of the abs handle and would like to add a clip to one of them. Wouldn't try it with the stag.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Ah man... tanto they won't make one with a blade the openers and the saw? Well when they do make it I hope the standrards are the same, but I know you won't accpect crap mikov knives. Either way thanks for the info, and razor your right too a pocket clip would be nice on em'. I wouldn't try it on a stag one too. The ABS and Wood are easy to modify, but stag is hard as hell (well I haven't customized many handles or anything).
Zack

A question...

Post by Zack »

I've heard that two possible future changes involve the bolsters and the lever. It seems to me both of those modifications are mainly cosmetic. Has anyone heard of any other changes being considered?
Nemo

Mikovs

Post by Nemo »

Hey tat2kid....your Mikov is coming along nice...should be done in a few days...and the belt clip will work out great!..and hollowdweller...can't wait to do that swiss army Mikov...I have to have one now!.........Nemo
tanto

Post by tanto »

The production manager said the reason they do not produce the knife with saw, blade and openers is that they would have to build a knife with 3 layers (?). That would be quite thick and difficult to put together. But he did not say "we will never do it" so there is still some chance. Since the kits (I should be saying knife parts) are available you can always ask somebody to combine two of them and build the knife for you.
I have not heard of any other changes to the design of the autos (besides those already mentioned here).

David
---------------

My knives + watches
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

I just wanted to say that these Mikov knives are really excellent. I got one a while back from Tanto - and by the way He's a good guy to deal with- and they are a real heavy duty blade with cool style to it. If you dont have one already you can't go wrong adding one or more to the collection.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Mikov make some thick [3 layer] knives especially the folding hunters,
changing the main blade to auto would make a great knife.
nevwerg

Post by nevwerg »

im an idiot, nobody likes me
Last edited by nevwerg on Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.