BURN magic!!!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Harry

BURN magic!!!

Post by Harry »

Jeeeeez.....................I knew Paul was talented but this knife is without doubt the most beautiful piece I have EVER seen from ANY maker............EVER :shock:

I would part with my left nut to own this one.....I am sick with desire.

http://www.burnknives1.com/artknives11.html

Mr Panak, stand up and take a bow.

Howard
I don't suffer from insanity - I ENJOY it!
~Chad

Re: BURN magic!!!

Post by ~Chad »

A nice one indeed. 8)
79spitfire

Post by 79spitfire »

What knife?

Chuckyl

Post by Chuckyl »

WOW!!!
leighdog

Post by leighdog »

Its a beauty,but the price is just to much.I know its a masterpeice and would be nice to own but can you imagine how many good quality knives you could buy with that amount of money?Also for those who dont like black blades wouldnt you worry about it the coating or whatever would scratch?Im sure the coating is the best you can get or the metal is treated with something to make it that color when it was made.I guess if you were a millionaire what the hell,buy it"""
Harry

Post by Harry »

Mr Leighdog,

The "black" coating on the blade is coating at all. It's hand forged damascus by Mike Norris..........one of the finest knife steels money can buy. It won't scratch......its layered into the steel.

As a BURN owner I can honestly say that I would rather have just a few of his knives than dozens of others by different but also quality manufacturers at a more modest price.

You really don't appreciate just how good his knives are until you hold one in your hands and see it up close.

All the best,

Howard
I don't suffer from insanity - I ENJOY it!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

leighdog wrote:Also for those who dont like black blades wouldnt you worry about it the coating or whatever would scratch?Im sure the coating is the best you can get or the metal is treated with something to make it that color when it was made.
The metal, raindrop Damascus, was hot blued. It is unlikely to be as fragile as, say, Teflon. Moreover, the eventual owner will probably not be using it to pry open paint cans, scrap sap off the windshield, dig holes to plant tulip bulbs or otherwise employ it in tasks that might cause a blemish to form. Case Queen is its most likely destiny.
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Every time I see a new Burn Masterpiece I think I have seen the ultimate kinfe artwork. He just continues surpassing himself. A true Picklock Picasso!
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
tanto

Post by tanto »

Great looking knife!
---------------

My knives + watches
leighdog

Post by leighdog »

Its a beauty and my mistake for not realizing that it isnt coated.I agree he just keeps out doing himself and wonder when or if he will ever peak.I suppose that will never happen.Buy it if you can afford it,you only live once and might as well have the best""
Cragar

Post by Cragar »

Jeeeez Harry,

That is one beautiful knife!

Maybe we could get 380 members to pitch in $10 apiece and raffle one off in a drawing! Anything over the cost of the knife could be given to charity. Each member could buy as many $10 raffle tickets as they want.

Cragar