Latama Quick Release Oil

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
greggo

Latama Quick Release Oil

Post by greggo »

Anybody tried this?
I found it on Ebay while hunting for Latama's of course :lol:
It's good slippery stuff. I used it on one of my swinguards at the pivot and it really loosened it up after a few flicks. Satisfied enough to do the rest of the collection.
I don't know what's in it (I'll look and see) but it's cheap and it works.
Bill DeShivs; have you heard of it?

Anyway the guys name that sells it is Tank here's his email
tbarkcustomknives@alltel.net
he said it was OK to give it out.
Greggo
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Latama Quick Release Oil

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I use it in my shop.
Good stuff!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
redeye

Post by redeye »

hey greggo ,tank is a well known and respected member of this hobby and is on most of the forums and the sd auction too. he is a great guy and can really fix up an old knife, and does the best case conversions made. and he makes a darn good oil too.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
greggo

Post by greggo »

Yep. We had a postal mix up with my shipping and he called me direct and explained the situation and re-shipped at his extra cost. The stuff is great and under $10 w/ shipping.
Greggo
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

I think that's the stuff that was with the last passaround. I tried a little bit on my edc and was impressed with the improvement. I needa me summa dat.
Mike
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

When I first saw it I thought it looked too thick but then I used some and it made a great improvement on the knife I was working on so I tried it on many others and it's the best lubricant I've found. It's replaced my Tuff Glide and white lighning.

Mike and Kathy are both great people. I hope this Quick Release works out great for them. It's good stuff!!
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
switchbuilder44

Post by switchbuilder44 »

Thanks to all , I appreciate all the comments , I want to ad Walt has Listened ot those who said the Nozzle was to lg and he had some made with a much smaller applicator and will send you one for postage if you want , they will be on the new Batch he is making up now I have used the new ones and they are Much better and easier to use , To our current Dealers if you want some of them contact Walt at pick@latama.net and he will send you some out , I have enough to replace my supply here on new purchases , 9.50 shipped to anywhere in the US , Special thanks to Greggo for being such a good sport on the mixup ,Tank