Looking for a quality budget OTF knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Aether

Looking for a quality budget OTF knife

Post by Aether »

Not only am I new around here, but I'm new with knives in general, so please try to bare with me.

I was almost going to come in here and post my "fairly high-end" budget of $60-70ish USD - Was going to until I did some research that yielded $400+ USD knives. So with that in mind, I'm here posting my "low-end" budget of $70 and was hoping someone could point me towards some nice OTF knives.

I was looking at the Concord 8" Polished Double Edge OTF, since it seems to be close to the style I want... but since I have so little experience, I really would like recommendations from people that know what they're talking about. Just from research alone, I would say the "perfect" knife for me would be the Benchmade Infidel, but that is obviously far out of my budget. (Please excuse the term "far", since I didn't have the time to think up a more dramatic adjective)

As far as my needs go, the knife would probably get used a little bit every day, but nothing too rigorous. Everything from opening letters to cutting through cloth material and what not. Really just need a knife that will be there for me when I need it.

Oh, and one more thing. I live in Utah, and from what I can tell it is perfectly legal to possess and carry a "switchblade", however, I never seen them for sale in local stores. I know this is probably a bad place to ask, but is there anything I need to be aware of when purchasing my knife? Just seems weird that no stores sell them if they're supposed to be legal.

Thanks in advance for any advice! I eagerly await your replies!
j.a.c.

Re: Looking for a quality budget OTF knife

Post by j.a.c. »

I'll let someone else help with the knife ,as far as Utah goes , Bladeplay / blade h.q. is located in your state. Not sure where abouts you are located but if it's close by check out their store.
Blade HQ
628 E. State St. # 4
Lehi, UT 84043
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

welcome to the forum

tryker
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I think these are the best cheap otf knives... Just don't buy one of the Chinese ones that look just like it.
http://www.bladeplay.com/item--Lightning-DA-OTF--396
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

whippersnapper wrote:I think these are the best cheap otf knives... Just don't buy one of the Chinese ones that look just like it.
http://www.bladeplay.com/item--Lightning-DA-OTF--396
Mr. Aether,

Greetings and WELCOMENESS!

I agree with Mr. Whipper...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

i agree with mr. whipper and mr. bear! beware though, buying knives can be very addicting!!!!!
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
8 LEGGED FREAK

Post by 8 LEGGED FREAK »

SPYDERMAN HAS LEFT THE BUILDING.