How to Make a Switchblade.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
juz098

How to Make a Switchblade.

Post by juz098 »

If i have a regular flip knife, how do i turn it into a switch or an otf. Some pictures or Videos of dismantled switches would be much appreciated.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: How to Make a Switchblade.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Well, you don't. It's just not that easy.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
cutnstuf_deleted

Post by cutnstuf_deleted »

That's a major undertaking. Just buy a nice auto and leave your flip knife as is.

Cut
Cryptomecanic

Post by Cryptomecanic »

the DDR3-BL- button lock folder parts kit at knifekits.com is made for that,
$56.95 kit, $19.95 wood scales , .375 Maxx Torque spring $2.00 = $80 plus 9.95 S&H

or go to mikov.com and get a LeverLetto or Mikov kit!
Vagabund

Post by Vagabund »

I can say nothing about flip knives, but some classical lock back pocket knifes can be convert to automatic. Very difficult, but possible … I would advise you first to try to repair the scales, springs or locks of a few pocket knifes and automatics to understand the differences and how they work. At first sight it seems be simple how they made, but it isn’t. There are too many details to consider.
Cryptomecanic

Post by Cryptomecanic »

What the hell,give it a try and let us know how it goes,Marshall Williams invented and built the M-1 Carbine in Prison , and the Carburator on the First Harley was made from an empty tomato can, a lot of us tryed to make knives out of switchblade combs when we were around 14,30 years later we have the tools and know how to do it (we also discovered a switchblade comb wouldent make a very good knife anyway, but we were obsesed) so ahead give it a try!
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

switchblade combs...lol..everyone tried that one for sure !!! The best I saw in NYC was the plastic part of the comb taken out and single edge razor blades inserted in the slide were the plastic comb had been and the crazy glued and squeezed closed. They actually worked as auto single edge razors....those crazy kids .....lol
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Bill. Last year at blade a guy had a very simple and inexpensive add on kit that worked with just about any knife. I should have taken a picture of it but basically the kit requires removing the scale, either right OR LEFT, and affixing a good quality switch to the side. For a small knife a 12v toggel switch works well and for larger knives, even fixed blades, a good quality 120 v light swich works fine. :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NOTE: DO NOT confuse a light switch with a knife switch. Attaching a knife switch to a knife makes it a knife switch blade knife and that sounds gay. Who wants a gay knife??

ANYBODY THAT RUNS ACROSS A SWITCH KNIFE LIKE THIS AT BLADE SHOULD TAKE A PICTURE OF IT SO IT CAN BE POSTED WHENEVER SOMEBODY ASKES HOW TO TURN A REGULAR KNIFE INTO A SWITCH BLADE.
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
incessant

Post by incessant »

Well, you start with a swtich comb.. then remove the comb and hammer the metal together and file it to a sharp edge.

at least thats how I tried to make my first swtich blade when I was 10.
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

Its easier to make a lockblade so you can flick em open!