Anybody carry a knife for self-defense?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

Re: Anybody carry a knife for self-defense?

Post by missaman »

Missa Teq,
Iffin You wanna knock "something down" a .45 will do the job. Mine was issued in 1916 ww1 My brother inlaw a gunsmith, now passed on, "reworked" it in the 80's...
I was shooting with Sam Hotton a few years ago It will hit a paper plate at 100 yards....
Missa
missaman

Post by missaman »

I miss his posts here. A very nice family to visit.
Missa
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

missaman wrote:Missa Teq,
Iffin You wanna knock "something down" a .45 will do the job. Mine was issued in 1916 ww1 My brother inlaw a gunsmith, now passed on, "reworked" it in the 80's...
I was shooting with Sam Hotton a few years ago It will hit a paper plate at 100 yards....

Missa
You got the real deal there missa, that one will outlast your grandkids, I missed a deal on one a couple of months ago, one made in 1944, the guy only wanted $500.00 for it but I didn't have the bucks at that time :( I agree with ya on the .45ACP a 9mm hollow point may or may not expand but a .45 will never shrink!
The biggest mistake I ever made was in Korea in 1968, a KNP had one for sale, he wanted $30.00 for it and I only wanted to pay $25.00 I can still remember reading the name on it like it was yesterday, it was a Singer :cry: :cry: :cry:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

missaman wrote:I miss his posts here. A very nice family to visit.
Missa
Missa,
What is Sam doing now, is he alright :?:
swinguard1

Post by swinguard1 »

tequiza wrote:

Missa
You got the real deal there missa, that one will outlast your grandkids, I missed a deal on one a couple of months ago, one made in 1944, the guy only wanted $500.00 for it but I didn't have the bucks at that time :( I agree with ya on the .45ACP a 9mm hollow point may or may not expand but a .45 will never shrink!
The biggest mistake I ever made was in Korea in 1968, a KNP had one for sale, he wanted $30.00 for it and I only wanted to pay $25.00 I can still remember reading the name on it like it was yesterday, it was a Singer :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh wow, a Singer made 1911!!! Wow! I'm sorry to hear about this bro. You could probably find one now, but bring BIG $$$$.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

swinguard1 wrote:
tequiza wrote:

Missa
Oh wow, a Singer made 1911!!! Wow! I'm sorry to hear about this bro. You could probably find one now, but bring BIG $$$$.
Yeah, i've kicked myself in the ass several times over that one swinguard, had no idea at the time what it was as this was 1968, it was in good shape too at least 90 % oh well, to soon old, to late smart :cry:
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I haven't backed this up with research but in Ohio I believe it is 21 handgun, 18 long gun.
I believe NC is the same way. 18 long guns and shotguns, 21 pistols,SBRs, NFA items (class 3, DDs)
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Missa and Teq,nice 1911's. My fave,love the big-bores.
Nice holster too Missa.

My favorite has always been a 1911 but- Here's one for you guys,I have a Sig P220 in 45 ACP but...here's the funny part,the first four digits in the serial # are 1911 :lol:
Although it is not a 1911 style I thought this was an interesting tid-bit.

My next hand cannon will be a 1911,possibly a Springfield Armory or Colt. Also like the Para's.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Viking45 wrote:Missa and Teq,nice 1911's. My fave,love the big-bores.
Nice holster too Missa.

My favorite has always been a 1911 but- Here's one for you guys,I have a Sig P220 in 45 ACP but...here's the funny part,the first four digits in the serial # are 1911 :lol:
Although it is not a 1911 style I thought this was an interesting tid-bit.

My next hand cannon will be a 1911,possibly a Springfield Armory or Colt. Also like the Para's.
That serial # is sending you a message Viking saying buy one now 8)
I like the Springfield Armory 1911's had 4 of them at one time but had to sell 3 :( one was a SS mil-spec I sold to a friend but he said I could buy it back whenever times got better so i'm hoping by this summer I can :D
My Son has a Sig 226 in .40 cal, out of all the ones he has that is his favorite by far :!:
javacupper

Post by javacupper »

I carry a knife to protect my Kimbers! :lol:

The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

javacupper wrote:I carry a knife to protect my Kimbers! :lol:

Good looking group jav 8)
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

8) :!:
missaman

Post by missaman »

Here a few details :wink:
Attachments
MVC-005S.JPG
MVC-005S.JPG (29.81 KiB) Viewed 4438 times
MVC-004S.JPG
MVC-004S.JPG (22.67 KiB) Viewed 4438 times
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Who is the maker on that one Missa :?:
missaman

Post by missaman »

:wink:
Attachments
MVC-006S.JPG
MVC-006S.JPG (26.92 KiB) Viewed 4431 times