What would you do?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

mypetelvis wrote:
Claudester wrote:Hey! by calling it a butt hole instead of an ass hole.
I'd much rather hear ass hole. I think your just trying
to be nice. And then again, do you really think I know what I meant. :lol:
Claudester,

For some reason I thought you were talking about the way I put a space in between the words "butt" and "whole". :?

Bonzo,

To answer your question.....no. :D

M.P.E.
Mr. M.P.E,

Why did you put a space between the two? I really would like to know.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

are we talking about the whole ass? or just halfassed :?
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

tequiza wrote:are we talking about the whole ass? or just halfassed :?
Now I'm confused. Whose ass are we talking about anyway, I forgot
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Claudester wrote:
Now I'm confused. Whose ass are we talking about anyway, I forgot
me to,this is realy getting asinine :roll: but it started off about a shady dealer,so maybe it fits.
tequiza
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
mypetelvis

Post by mypetelvis »

Tequiza,

No, I think the question was, is it the whole ass, or the asshole.

M.P.E.
mypetelvis

Post by mypetelvis »

Claudester wrote:
Why did you put a space between the two? I really would like to know.
Claudester,

You're right, the butt and hole belong together without a space. I should have never tried to pry the butthole apart. :wink:

M.P.E.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

The only interesting thing on this thread in the last few days has been how Bonz's wife out shot, out drank and out fought him.
Formidable! :shock:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Claudester

Re: What would you do?

Post by Claudester »

Claudester wrote:I won a 11" Imt. horn on BA last week, Got the knife on Monday and found it has a really bad bolster. It is the release side and is
so loose it just flops around. I sent an email out to the seller Monday night and by Wednesday mornin I hadn't gotten a response so
I sent another just saying I was sending another in case he didn't receive the first. No response this morin so I sent the seller a question
using one of my other email addresses and asked if he had more of a certain blade and I got an answer back right away. I then sent another
email out asking why he didn't respond to my email and did to one that wasn't about a problem but a possible sale. Haven't heard anything
yet. This seller happens to be one of the good guys, What would you guys do to get his attention.
Thanks
To everyone concerned,
This is a end to the above thread. I received an email from Gene (zipguy)
stating that he had received my knife back and I had two options, either wait 7 - 10 days for a
new shipment or get a refund. I asked for a refund and it was in my paypal account within 30
minutes. I can't ask for more than that. I probably won't buy from him for awhile and see how
things go with his dealings with others. And after a while I would try again cautiously.
This one ended on a positive note.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Claudester

Glad to hear alls well that ends well. Seems alot of peeps have been involved in a deal that went not so smoothly. It's always makes ya feel uneasy when a return is the only option. Makes it worse when ya can't seem to get a hold of the other party.

SD
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Good News Claudester-
Glad he came thru for you.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Thanks Benny and Stepdaddy,
He also was very polite this time so who knows maybe a dealer hears or reads the stuff here
and reconsiders his position or remembers who pays rent.
Take Care
mypetelvis

Post by mypetelvis »

Claudester wrote:Thanks Benny and Stepdaddy,
He also was very polite this time so who knows maybe a dealer hears or reads the stuff here
and reconsiders his position or remembers who pays rent.
Take Care
Claudester,

If so, this forum has done it's job. I've been thinking about adding a link to this place on my emails to sellers. Just to let them know that we are here and our opinion matters.

Glad to hear that your ordeal is over and everything went in your favor, although, you should have charged him interest for the loan. :wink:

M.P.E.
JAGMAN

Post by JAGMAN »

Good for you Claudster, well done. I guess he cant be all that bad after all.
I see the Zipman has added a clause now to the bottom of his bladeauction dealings, I guess he got the message finally. Hjs prices are low and like you I will probably go back again, got to give the guy a second chance after all.
Im still waiting for my reply though :lol:
Jagman
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.
omega

Post by omega »

mypetelvis wrote:
If so, this forum has done it's job. I've been thinking about adding a link to this place on my emails to sellers. Just to let them know that we are here and our opinion matters.

M.P.E.
M.P.E.:

Another perspective from the seller side of the fence:

If I started getting emails from customers with the veiled threat of TB forum action in the form of forum boycotts, I might become defensive. You are bringing out the big stick before there is anything to bitch about. Decent sellers run a clean ship in their dealing with all, not just the TB members.

Perhaps an understated sig file at the end of your emails saying: "Member - TB Forum." The dealers will take the hint.

Most sellers are collectors first and sellers second. Tizzy and MTOwens excluded. The decent dealer know that the collectors are more stringent in their pursuit of quality goods than the 2 knife newbie and will respond to that in most cases.

I've emailed folks to tell them, "This knife is not for you - due to XXXX."
That's because I make it my business to know or at least try to find out what the customer's definition of quality is. If they are solely motivated by price and don't appreciate the differences in a good piece, perhaps the lesser pieces are OK for them as long as the knife suits their needs and means.

When I sold clones back in 2000-2001, sometimes I would get an email with 40 questions such as: How straight is the blade, will it last me a lifetime, is it "good" steel, ETC - often on a $10 clone. My response was always along the lines of: "I can tell from your questions that you are intersted in better product. This knife probably won't meet your needs."

This adversarial posturing by buyers really needs to stop. The buyers and sellers have a mutual need for one another. If a particular seller doesn't recognize that, then move them to the shitlist and move on to the next one.

You know, many sellers are flat out afraid to post in these forums for that reason. I think some have forgotten that most sellers do this because they love the hobby. Excercise some due dilligence and don't expect perfection in a $10-$25 knife. Communicate with your sellers and let them know what sort of quality you are intersted in. Better yet, find one or two that know your needs and will cater to you, not being afraid to steer you away from marginal pieces. What you consider junk at $50 might just be a treasure to someone only able to spend $25.

Just my opinion.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

tequiza wrote:it's your money sir, spend it as you will.

Mr. Tequiza,

I promised a report on this knife, once received, and here it is. It's a 13" kris stiletto with bolster release. Scales are black acrylic, bolsters are stainless steel, the scale pins are brass, and the lubricant is oil. A very pretty knife, but the pivot bolster was very loose, flopping around, reminisent of Mr. Claudesters ordeal. After close inspection of said specimen knife I came to the conclusion the pivot pin was not properly peened. Well, I was warned, but the faint dimness in the lightbulb over my head said wait, it only cost $23 plus $5 shipping, so whats the big deal, you have a work bench and tools. You've been hanging around these switchblade forums for a long time, and plus, you've done this before, so take the damn knife, peen the pivot pin and get over it! So thats what I did. Now I have a $70 knife that only cost me $28 total.

Now I'm glad I went and bought that knife.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson