switchblade combs

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wickedclownjuggalo

Post by wickedclownjuggalo »

After I saw switch67's pi of his converted comb I did the same thing.Great idea!
Down with the clown til im dead in the ground
slappy / psychoticsumo

Post by slappy / psychoticsumo »

someone actually bid on the comb... i wonder if was one of us :?:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I hope not, get the "real thing" from Arlin [Slo Joe].
MADMIFF

Post by MADMIFF »

:D Hi Guys, I am from the UK and have not had the chance to play with a real switchblade.
However I just recently bought 2 switchblade combs to find out how they work.
Can you tell me if they use the same mechanics as a real switchblade?
Also on real SB's does the blade lock in the open position and if so where is the the release catch?

I am thinking of taking my comb apart and copying the parts with better steel and putting a real blade in.
But first I need to know the answer to the above questions so I hope you can help.

Unless you know how I can get a real one into the UK. I ordered 10 automatic batons from the US but they got siezed by customs which was a real bastard cause I lost £240 on them.

Can the real SB's be taken apart and shipped in separate pieces?

Cheers for you help.

Mad Miff
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Hi MADMIFF,welcome to the forum.I have sent you a private message with a few tips how to start your collection.There are a few of us Limey's here,Tessa 3 is one I can think of.Check the memberlist for more.If you need to know anything,this is a good place to ask.Everybody is friendly and the conversation is wide<but if you want to know about switchblades,here is a good place to be.Cheers the spotlight kid 8)
collectornutz(clixx)

switchblade combs

Post by collectornutz(clixx) »

not only are there switchblade combs but the older ones use a regular kick spring and the new ones have the spring inside the handle and don't work so good, so watch for the older ones they may be worth a little down the line you never know. i have one of each plus i have a otf comb that uses a real otf handle with an aluminum comb.
slappy / psychoticsumo

wow i had one of those otf combs with the metal comb
collectornutz(clixx)

switchblade combs

hey slappy, yea we may have even had the same style too since you live in chicago and i use to live in the burbs there. i got mine in either east or west dundee. home of the BOYZZ from illinoizz. ever hear of them back in the late 70's ? there album was called to wild to tame. the album cover had someone looking like marlon brando with a cool harley.
spacer

Post by spacer »

nice to see some illinois people in here, I was born and raised in Kankakee. Spent many a night in bars like the Iron Rail in River Grove, getting the hell bashed out of us to the menacing sounds of Macabre or Master or Burnt Offering... many more. Great times.
slappy / psychoticsumo

my old band (tomorrow's dream) played at the iron rail many times, i still have a tape recorded there where my drummers kit fell off the riser, we were playin "fire" by hendrix and halfway through ya hear bam**crash**bash** then complete silence then booooooooooooo!!!
lol so the stage hands ran up and fixed things back up and we broke into "war pigs" and ya hear the whole crowd singin along so it covered our asses lol....
collectornutz(clixx)

switchblade combs

hey slappy did your drummer happen to say "i meant to do that, yeah"