New to me.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: New to me.

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

try to find a knife show to go to.
Graybeard

Post by Graybeard »

Any knife show’s coming up?? I am about two hours from Columbus Ohio. Any websites with show schedules?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Graybeard - there are many knife shows in Ohio. We have members from Ohio who should chime in with some details. Funny thing - I had it in my mind that you were from somewhere that speaks British English as opposed to American English.

Jim
Graybeard

Post by Graybeard »

Lol. That’s great. I do wear a flat bill cap.
Graybeard

Post by Graybeard »

My wife gets on to me all the time about how I type I use my phone all the time can’t see that great anyway. So yea it probably looks weird.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

sammy the blade wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:33 am A lot of us old members here remember the days when you could buy 9" stilettos from Stu for $35 but those days are long gone. Damned shame too, inflation I guess.
You're right, Sammy, but today's basic 9" are $125 and basic 11" are $150 (all modern)...Believe me, I know exactly what you're thinking! :lol:

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Chris, you can get them cheaper from a few dealers. I have to say, I have been collecting for 55 years ( since I was 8) and the last two years prices have gone insane. At least the asking prices. There is a Korean K 108 OTF for sale on FB for $225 and the guy is wondering why it has not sold in a day??!! The swing guards from Frank B were $60-70 a few years back...Now they are going for $175 and up and selling quickly...
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

I agree Tom. I have pretty much stopped buying. I guess it will help me eventually when I start selling.
john

Post by john »

You can try the SD Auction site
https://www.sharperdeals.net/
And
The buy/sell topic here on TB
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I remember the old blade auction, those were the good old days.
2024 candidate for president
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Allen - by "I have pretty much stopped buying" I'm guessing you mean modern stilettos. :D

Jim
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Jim, I have never really had an interest in modern stilettos. I was strictly into the old ones. I could never get over the fact that you were buying something "copied". If I buy, which is often, they are all modern designs.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Allen - the reason I added the :D in my last post was because I saw am photo of an exceptional recent acquisition of yours. And, clearly, Chris has not "pretty much stopped buying" :D :D

Jim
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

jim d, wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:22 pm Allen - the reason I added the :D in my last post was because I saw am photo of an exceptional recent acquisition of yours. And, clearly, Chris has not "pretty much stopped buying" :D :D

Jim
She is really ticked off that one did not win "knife of the year".
Dave. B

Post by Dave. B »

sammy the blade wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:33 am A lot of us old members here remember the days when you could buy 9" stilettos from Stu for $35 but those days are long gone. Damned shame too, inflation I guess.
I remember Stu, I bought a couple of manual knives from him. Were the $35 knives the Taiwan made Milano stilettos?