Maniago shops

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
leighdog

Maniago shops

Post by leighdog »

Does anyone know if Frank B shop is making knives again? I really want to spend some money on my collection. Just not much out there yet'
boombotz111

Re: Maniago shops

Post by boombotz111 »

PM SENT
john

Post by john »

Send Belivi a PM. He’s Frank’s son Ivano.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

do yourself a huge favor and do not order or deal with frank sara or ivano beltrame , unless you like being ripped off , all they want is your money they do not care about anything else and if a problem ever happens they will drop you like a bad habit do not trust these people, ive known them for over 25 years and all they want is your money .
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

trying to warn others of bad people but someone keeps editing my posts and removing them , not sure why a post would be removed for trying to warn someone of being ripped off and losing your hard earned money .... quit editing my posts just trying to warn others so they dont get screwed over like i did ...
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Though I have been out of the "loop" for some time now, back several years ago I had a lot of interaction with them and even went there and met them and never had any problems, Though things could have changed as I say, I haven't been in touch with them for quite awhile. Sorry to hear that anyone has had bad experiences.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Good to see you post Markco!
2024 candidate for president
Markco the Mad otter

Thank you, good to be seen. I don't get on the computer much these dayz and though every now and again I will check out the forums I rarely post anything, just haven't had much to say, I guess.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

20-25 years ago Frank Beltrame was awesome person to work with but after his daughter took over things went down hill and fast , she has a very bad attitude towards people who have helped their family for 25+ years not to mention my friend Rick who was a Frank Beltrame exclusive seller they could not find it in their heart to honor him with a special knife after he died all was asked if is if they would make a stiletto and engrave or stamp with a commeration to Rick for his long service to just Frank Beltrame knives but sara franks daughter got a attitude with Barb who was trying to set something up then sara said Frank would not make or mark any knife to honor Rick , anyone who knows Rick knows he sold Frank beltrame knives for over 20 years he was totally dedicated to Frank Beltrame and they knew that but still could not find it in their heart to honor our friend sad but true Frank Beltrame and family just do not care for anyone for that matter they just want your money as was clearly demonstrated by what they did to me and Rick just not cool people not no more anyways, DO NOT trust them all they want is your money .
Markco the Mad otter

Interesting. I did know Rick but was totally unaware of the attempt at having a memorial knife done for him. I used to talk to Sara quite often and of course met her when I was there. She did seem very suspicious of a lot of people for reasons that I never understood. I suppose that there is a lot to be said that it is dangerous to trust someone that doesn't have mutual trust. But, as I stated, in the years that I was in contact with them, I never had any real problems, (though it has been several years). I respect your opinion but sorry to hear.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

They are a business. Of course they want your money.
Barb and others have had me mark commemorative knives over the years. Why would the Beltrames need to do it?
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Markco the Mad otter wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:16 pm Interesting. I did know Rick but was totally unaware of the attempt at having a memorial knife done for him. I used to talk to Sara quite often and of course met her when I was there. She did seem very suspicious of a lot of people for reasons that I never understood. I suppose that there is a lot to be said that it is dangerous to trust someone that doesn't have mutual trust. But, as I stated, in the years that I was in contact with them, I never had any real problems, (though it has been several years). I respect your opinion but sorry to hear.
Didn't they have problems with brad skipper and some guy named newsome a while back. That would make you suspicious.
2024 candidate for president
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:59 pm They are a business. Of course they want your money.
Barb and others have had me mark commemorative knives over the years. Why would the Beltrames need to do it?
your just as cold as them why you have to be a ass about this bill as much as you are on this forum and read it you know dam well why or maybe you just dont get it , it was a simple request asked to the beltrames that they could have and should have done . amazing your still a mod you instigate arguments with everyone over stupid shit lol
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Cold? Ass? I don't think so-but you're welcome to your opinion.
The Beltrames make knives. They don't have the facilities to customize them. Any markings would have had to have been jobbed out, so why not job them out after purchase?
And, I have instigated nothing. You are the one insulting the Beltrames and others here. So you feel like you got screwed. Sorry it happened. Thousands of people DIDN'T get screwed. You don't like Walt, and bad mouth him. You don't like me, and bad mouth me. Anybody else? Get it out of your system now, and let it go.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Sara's interaction with Barb was indeed pretty crass and I've had pretty hit-miss dealings with her also. It's pretty obvious that many of the habitual laissez-faire business practices folks in Maniago make part of their routine wouldn't allow them to last very long in the USA. In some ways it's to be expected - Italy is known for its laissez-faire attitude in general. This is understandably very annoying to most other cultures. I had an email out to Sara about B-Stealth parts in 2017 that is still unanswered...

According to conversations I had with Walt, Frank's operation is fully capable of doing etchings (if not, surely Belvi could elaborate), which would mean that they chose not to do anything for the Rick run, which is a little lousy after 25+ years of business. Perhaps Barb can also elaborate further on this but as far as I remember it wasn't just the etch they weren't willing to do - like they weren't willing to do some sort of custom job on 25 knives or something like that.

Now that Angelo has set up a major (and most of all legal) export operation out of Austria, it would seem that F.lli Beltrame is not interested in managing their own storefront and would rather wholesale to Angelo because it's legal for them (apparently, according to Italian law the makers can sell to each other), and easier/less risky which few people can blame them for.

It's really too bad that they only really fill orders for Walt and not anybody else. If people have the money to spend, why not build knives for them?

tl;dr if people want Frank stuff, just talk to Angelo or go to 3knives. It's the only properly maintained storefront handled by our Italian friends.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...