Imitation Horn

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: Imitation Horn

Post by sammy the blade »

Mayberry Days sounds like a real hoot! To bad most of the actors are now gone. Opey made it big though!
2024 candidate for president
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tom, I haven't ever gone to Mayberry Days even though it is close to me. I have seen some videos from it including a very interesting one by Don Knotts daughter. I should make it a point to go.

Jim
sammy the blade

Could be a good time.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

jim d, wrote:Tom, I haven't ever gone to Mayberry Days even though it is close to me. I have seen some videos from it including a very interesting one by Don Knotts daughter. I should make it a point to go.

Jim

Don Knotts was from Morgantown WV. There is a cool statue of him in front of the Metropolitan Theatre there.
sammy the blade

hollowdweller wrote:
jim d, wrote:Tom, I haven't ever gone to Mayberry Days even though it is close to me. I have seen some videos from it including a very interesting one by Don Knotts daughter. I should make it a point to go.

Jim

Don Knotts was from Morgantown WV. There is a cool statue of him in front of the Metropolitan Theatre there.
What ever happened to the shotgun shack?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Mayberry crime update: the wild women are at it again. A 38 year old high school teacher (quite attractive, her picture was on the front page of the paper) was arrested for taking indecent liberties with a minor. She is charged with having sex with 2 of her male students, both are 17 so it is not as creepy as some other cases.

We also had a woman arrested for embezzling Girl Scout cookie money. Her picture made the paper as well, but not the front page. Another woman was arrested for resisting emergency personnel, not sure what that is all about, a few of the usual DUIs and a failure to appear in court.

The strangest one was a man arrested for impersonating a US Marshall. It too was front page news. I got more information on it from the woman who cuts my hair and also cuts (or at least did) his hair. She told me that he told her he was a US Marshall and a DEA agent, but was evasive when she asked questions. She also wondered why he also worked part-time for Verizon :lol: He was so into his fake life that the way he got caught was that he approached two police officers and identified himself as a US Marshall and asked for their help in finding a suspect. When he showed his fake credentials the officers immediately knew they were fake and arrested him. Isn't life strange...

Jim
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Interesting stuff there in Mayberry Jim!!!!!!! The fake officer sounds like a real winner! The school teacher one seems to be happening more often these days, or at least more reported. In today's world, adult sexual relations with a minor is really the last social taboo. I am sure that will someday change as ever other moral rule has disappeared during my 59 years walking the planet.....Funny thing is when a male teacher ( or otherwise male adult) does this they go to jail for years, and there are police programs tracking males attempting to meet under age girls that set up stings to catch them, but a female gets a slap on the wrist at best for the same crime....I know she was hot and we all will say those teens were lucky, but there was damage done to them that is hiding below the surface......Not even Mayberry is safe now!!!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

You make a very good point there, Tom, and I agree with you 100%. There IS a double standard there, as well as the hidden damage done to those poor young men. :shock: :o Plus, they don't get much sympathy, do they? It's treated more or less like a joke!
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tom,

No slap on the wrist for her. She is being charged to the fullest extent. Plus, there is another charge that makes it a felony in NC for a teacher to have sex with a student, even if the student is over 18. That is a relatively new law so here it seems to be going in the direction of getting tougher on these things.

Jim
sammy the blade

She has no business teaching.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Jim while she will be charged with serious charges the plea deal will be far less. Glad to see the laws are getting better . I hope I am wrong, but time will tell. Yes Barb glad you agree! Sammy you're right!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Though it lessens not the crime, double standards certainly are mind baffling. Anyone recently remember the name Asia Argento? She was a leader in the recent "Me too movement". An apparent famous actress (though I never knew her work). She was onstage at one of the big entertainment galas shaking her fists in the air, screaming female power against all the men recently accused of sexual misconduct. Claiming her herself a victim of Harvey Weinstein with tears in her eyes. Then, out of nowhere, her own 17 year old male victim emerges. She paid that boy $380,000 to keep his mouth shut (but, he didn't). The young man even had photos of them in bed together. I saw this on the news for a total of ONE day! Never heard another word.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WAS SHE SINGING ''BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE'' ???
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

TRYKER wrote:WAS SHE SINGING ''BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE'' ???
I bet it was warm inside.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

sammy, her group is trying to ban the song !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"