Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JimBrown257

Re: Movie Switchblades

Post by JimBrown257 »

You couldn't have picked a worse time in history to not watch television. 99% of television in the last ten years is unwatchable reality shows but the other 1% is better than anything ever (with the exception of the original Twilight Zone). Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and The Wire are better than even the best movies (although two of those shows have ended now). Be warned though: when you watch those shows and then rave about how they are the best things ever (you won't be able to help it), someone will try to trick you into watching a show called Mad Men. Don't listen to them.

Also, they finally figured out how to make sitcoms that are legitimately funny without needing a laugh track to tell the audience what they are supposed to think it funny (it's unclear why it took them 50 years to do that).
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I am familiar with some of the programs such as Breaking Bad and believe it to be an excellent show but I am not interested in following something week after week.
The History Channel was great but now it's nothing but two guys driving all over trying to buy stuff,the pawn shop and some toothless hillbilly that chases wild animals.
I used to like the military documentaries and the other nature channel but now it has nothing but garbage on it.

I really have to question peoples intellect that could possibly enjoy a show of rich,snooty plastic/fake women living their daily lives or a panel of people sitting around talking about fashion.

The shows that started the whole nature thing Jacques Cousteau and Wild Kingdom,now that was good tv.

I grew up on Gunsmoke,The Rifleman,Lawman,The Rebel Johnny Yuma,Rawhide,Cheyenne,Dragnet,Adam 12 and later shows like Rockford Files.
There are two or three websites that have all these old shows and a lot more so that's what I watch instead of regular tv. The amount of commercials is/was enough to drive me away for good.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

The History Channel was great but now it's nothing but two guys driving all over trying to buy stuff,the pawn shop and some toothless hillbilly that chases wild animals.
Surely you aren't suggesting that hunting for ghosts doesn't constitute legitimate history!?! :o

The pawn store shows would actually be pretty good if they could edit out everything but the items and the history about them. And they need to spare us the "I'm here today to sell (whatever) to help pay for my daughter's wedding and/or college." It's embarrassing to listen to those people pretend they are in Las Vegas selling their family heirlooms to pay for anything positive.

The shows that started the whole nature thing Jacques Cousteau and Wild Kingdom,now that was good tv.
You should check out Planet Earth. It was on about 6-7 years ago and is the most acclaimed of those nature shows ever.
Last edited by JimBrown257 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

And don't forget the Greek guy with the fright wig who wants you to believe in flying saucers.

And that the pyramids were actually power plants..........there are actually a few shows that raise interesting questions about the state a technology in the far past.
Life has no value, Death has a price
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

krakenten wrote:And don't forget the Greek guy with the fright wig who wants you to believe in flying saucers.

And that the pyramids were actually power plants..........there are actually a few shows that raise interesting questions about the state a technology in the far past.
You mean my hero? :lol:
102.jpg
102.jpg (14.98 KiB) Viewed 7126 times
101.jpg
101.jpg (63.28 KiB) Viewed 7126 times
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

Considering the spate of archeological bombshells this year, the guy might have a point........

If we were speaking of a catacomb, I'd say somebody ought to buy that cat a comb!
Life has no value, Death has a price
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

What's with the TV guy's hands in the drawing? Are they supposed to be like the alien's hands? The rest of the pic is dead on but the hands are way too big.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

JimBrown257 wrote:What's with the TV guy's hands in the drawing? Are they supposed to be like the alien's hands? The rest of the pic is dead on but the hands are way too big.
The answer is quite simple as he would say- "Estraterestrals"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I think I mentioned John Wayne in Big Jake sticking a lever in a tree and telling some guy to cut down a man they were going to hang.
Well it was on this evening and he uses it again to cut a rope holding the money box on horse back. It's only a split second but he clearly snaps it open and cuts the rope.
RSD100

Post by RSD100 »

Some good shots of a German paratrooper gravity knife in Trevor Howard's They Made Me a Fugitive (1947)
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

RSD100 wrote:Some good shots of a German paratrooper gravity knife in Trevor Howard's They Made Me a Fugitive (1947)
Haven't seen this classic,looks good.
Love the babe and pause this vid at 11 seconds in. Wow what a cool clock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzCjSUEaFEc
RSD100

Post by RSD100 »

Viking45 wrote:
RSD100 wrote:Some good shots of a German paratrooper gravity knife in Trevor Howard's They Made Me a Fugitive (1947)
Haven't seen this classic,looks good.
Love the babe and pause this vid at 11 seconds in. Wow what a cool clock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzCjSUEaFEc
Thanks for posting the video, some great shots of the gravity knife. Also, a couple of semi auto pistols, but I sure don't recognize the makes/models
Danny Bailey

Post by Danny Bailey »

JimBrown257 wrote:

The pawn store shows would actually be pretty good if they could edit out everything but the items and the history about them. And they need to spare us the "I'm here today to sell (whatever) to help pay for my daughter's wedding and/or college." It's embarrassing to listen to those people pretend they are in Las Vegas selling their family heirlooms to pay for anything positive.

I've been on three episodes of Pawn Stars. Quite a lot of fun.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Lol, I actually remembered you mentioning that and thought about adding a "Present company excepted" to that post.
eddymunster

Post by eddymunster »

Which episodes?