The Kriss-Swinguard knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Claudester

Re: The Kriss-Swinguard knife

Post by Claudester »

I too like Rob ( Jagman ) don't come here to often anymore but I do check in once in a while to see what's going on.
Here is a picture of the Kriss-Swing that Rob made for me back in 04 or 05. It's now kept in a glass show case and will never forget
the maker of my knife. Thanks Rob!

One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

METALGOD wrote:i think the makers should get the credit , Frank Beltrame first did the 11" kriss swing , then Angelo Campolin (AKC) did the 9" kriss swing, and just recently Angelo did the 13" kriss swing.
Thanks Bernie
I agree. Anyone seriously trying to claim credit for the marriage of such extremely obvious switchblade attributes needs a reality check. A swing guard with a kriss blade may not have existed in 2003, but I'm sure it wasn't because nobody had thought of it before. It just hadn't been done yet.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Legions Of Lesions-

Aha!! A pustule of controversy has popped herein, re: whomst wants to be awarded the stylish pointed foil and tampon crown for "thinking of the first idea"- the Kriss swinguard. Eye find it mildly amusing to observe the posted banterisms, however, let us set the record somewhat semi-straight, to wit- The Honorable Mr. Jagman physically created the first known 11" Kriss swinguard, a clever Frankensteining of a Kriss bladed swivel bolster, and a swinguard unit, God Bless him and his craftsmanship elitism. Now then, I had been pining and whining for just such a unit since mine rude arrival on this forum scene, circa the ol' yaller pages, 2000 A.D., my routine snivellations, and nagging forth, oft directed at our fallen ol' pal, Mr. Pushbutton, perhaps encouraged his input of influence unto Mr. Jagman, so that can reliably trace the ancestry of the "idea", to the back-date of early 2000.
However, let it be knownst that the decade plus one year ago was not the first occasion that the highly coveted, elusive Kriss swinguard concept became self-awared. There I Was- circa 1967- I was just turned 10yrs. old, and for minst birthday, mine Sainted Dad took me to the nearest metropolis, down to the the extremely alluring, and powerfully intocicating- "Magic Shop", whereupon I was to be allowed to select a giftage of my own choice. Yippeee, buddy! This place was my favorite spot in the world, inside the quasi-dimmed lighting, the scented vapors of ancient magic tricks, rude prank devices, dangerous chemistry sets, un-regulated rocket kits, monster masks, and exotic weaponry, I was faced with a tough toss-up choice, between two non-automatic knives, one being a slim, flat folding guard stiletto, the other a Kriss bladed faux switchblade, complete with a release button that would never release the blade, even after a century of energetic thumb pushing. In an epiphany of rampant desire, I asked the sinister proprietor if I could get a combination of the two, ergo- the Kriss blade in the swinguard handle, and please include a really functional button for sweet sound of auto opening. I recall his stale cigar rasping gasping chuckle down upon me, and his comment was- "You'll have to ask the Eye-Ties about that one!" eveidently the U.S. government had paid for his vacational tour in Italy 1943-44. So AS can be expected, I went away without mine dream toy, settling for the swinguard folder only, but, truly grateful unto mine Dad, who put forth over five whole dollars for the piece, at a time in history wherein, even AS an expert offset printer professional, he was making the heady wage of $7.00 an hour- thanks, Dad.
Therefore, I think it almost sorta' practically believeable to insinuate that eye had the Kriss swinguard idea 44 years ago- however- I am not claiming accreditation for the origin of the original concept-one mayst reasonably surmise that the traditonal ancestry of the switchblade knife, in all it's variants, and expertly refined, produced, and shared with the known world by our benefactors, and ol' pals, the Italian bladesmiths, would have thought of the delight in the combination of Kriss and swing, but, underlying rumors had it that the folks in control of the toolages were not friendly to each and other, even thoughst related within. AS I am a non-paroled veteran in mariage of 29.yrs. to an Italian heritage gal, this aspect of feudal behavior does not astound me. Jump into the time-line future- Once the esteemed Mr. Jagman created the combo unit, it was blatantly obvious that it could be done.. Now then, somewhat later, an entrepenuiral rogue self arose upon the scene, one 'Mr.Swinguard'. He took said concept somewhat seriously, and, legend has it, appeared in Italy, and struck some sort of deal which ultimately resulted in production models of the Kriss swinguard auto, which, in and of itself is an effort to be commended, however, it has also been rumored that said Mr. Swinguard may have behaved in an un-professional manner in regards to distribution/supply/demand/financial attributes in said Kriss swinguard realm.
Anyways, AS usual, I digress. I just thought that if'n anyone was really interested in the timeline of concept for the Kriss swinguard, mine feeble excerpts from the hysterical archives might serve to either inform or inflame the inmates herein.
Oh, and by the way, it is a verifiable fact that our resident goofball, Mr. Doofus Emeritus, is in posession of the WJC Valentine's Day Kriss swinguard, which also predates F.B. production.

AS ever,

Your Ol' Pal,

Wally J. Corpse
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

As always, supremely well stated Sir Wallace.

Jim