EDC pictures

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
AutoMan

Re: EDC pictures

Post by AutoMan »

JB, I think my main problem is I suffer from that old age disease Noassatall. :oops: :cry:

AutoMan
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Automan:

I guess it's suspenders for you! If I'm not mistaken, I believe German Paratroopers wore some kind of suspenders - we now know why. JB
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Dick:

That's a real sweetheart - what is it. It reminds me of this old I talian knife that my Grandfather gave me that WAS an edc for me about 40 years ago. Thanks again for the Tiny's swap! JB

Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I have a large box of knives to pick from as an EDC, but these are the most common.....[/attachment]
Last edited by Tom19176 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gort

Post by Gort »

You can tell the Mikov gets the most action.
Attachments
IMG_0289.jpg
IMG_0289.jpg (293.24 KiB) Viewed 7179 times
-Gort
Dick Carroll

Post by Dick Carroll »

[quote="John Brown"]Dick:

That's a real sweetheart - what is it.

John, that is a friction folder made by an old friend named Wick Ellerbe. I've carried it since about 1996. I lost it while planting trees at a buddy's house and it was missing for a year and a month before I found it again by digging up the last tree we planted the day I lost it. It has pits and patina from the moisture in this wet ground we have but after cleaning it up a little, it went right back into my pocket. It has served as well as any other knife for me and holds many fond memories of the tasks it has carried out. Tho I don't hunt anymore, it has served me in totally butchering many kills in those years, from skin to separating joints in the bones to ripping the sternum from top to bottom. It has also taken hogs where it was the only weapon. It has never let me down on what I needed it for. I know it doesn't have a button, but it really lacks nothing as a knife.... :)

You are very welcome on the number swap. I'm glad you got to keep your number string.....
All who enter here bring happiness, some by staying, some by leaving...
Desktop

Post by Desktop »

Here is a Leverletto that Bill DeShivs customized for me a while back. It has beautiful horn scales, a strong snap, is as tight as tight can be, plus it has some awesome file work! In short, this knife is everything that one could ask for when looking for an EDC! But, every time I take it up from my collection dresser I wear my white gloves - and every time I take it up I also put it back saying "maybe some time later on". I just can't stomach myself to use it and put some scratches on the blade and bolsters! I guess I have to ask Bill to customize another one for me - one that I can use as an EDC while the other one is resting in the dresser! I hate to think what would happen if I didn't want to use that second one either, get a third... lol :)
Attachments
Custom_Leverletto_02.jpg
Custom_Leverletto_02.jpg (94.14 KiB) Viewed 7065 times
Custom_Leverletto_10.jpg
Custom_Leverletto_10.jpg (110.99 KiB) Viewed 7057 times
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

DT,

Wow - I wouldn't use that one either. Perhaps you should get another custom for the collection and a regular production model for use. By the way, I haven't posted a photo of my EDC because I don't have an EDC. I'm on 4 commercial flights per week and TSA still frowns on bringing knives aboard.

Jim
redeye

Post by redeye »

yeah i know what ya mean.i have 4 leverlettos and i cant bring myself to carry either one of em just too nice
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
fashionable_man

Post by fashionable_man »

Great thread guys, lets keep it going! Anybody EDC an Okapi? Just ordered one from World Knives, I think it's going to be my new EDC knife. It was the favored EDC of Jamaican Rude Boys if I'm not mistaken :)

By the way Mr. John Brown, would you happen to a MacMillan Brown or a Lamont Brown?
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I have always known the "ratchet" to be the home town favorite of Jamicans. They are both very similar in design. I will always remember my first dealing with Jamicans involved with crime, when I arrested a Jamican drug dealer in Central PArk, and he told me to watch out as "my puppy going to be barking some corn at your later blood clot"...I later that day learned from a Jamican officer that "puppy" is gun, "corn" is bullet(s) and "blood clot" is a used Tampon.....Had I had known then when he said it he would have had a much longer ride to central booking....lol...
Guitars and Blades

Post by Guitars and Blades »

I've got a few I choose from:
Leverletto that Bill DeShivs custom fileworked for me. This one's in my pocket a lot.
A Gerber Spring assist and a couple of Kershaw SA's
Case Trapper in red jigged bone. My favorite work knife after the Kershaw Leek.
Steel strings and steel springs...what could be better?
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

Although I agree with Mr Desktop in regard to how nice the Leverlettos are I disagree that they make a good edc. Not only are they much to pretty, they are much to large (and heavy) as well. Try sticking one in a pair of your favorite walking shorts. They'll either hit the ground or you'll need a belt to hold up the lopsided mess. Or you could maybe just a carry a Leverletto in each pocket I guess to even things out.....

What the world needs is a Leverletto that is about half to 2/3 the size. Also, don't etch Mr Bill's name on it. I can't bring myself to use such a knife. I don't want to scratch the etch all to hell.
Mike
Guitars and Blades

Post by Guitars and Blades »

The thing I like about the Leverletto is that it's easy to open, snaps out fast and hard, locks up tight and the blade is very usable. I have a blond horn one that I USE alot, the stag with filework is a show/light work knife.
I try not to abuse any of my knives, which is a lot easier now that I'm not doing tile work anymore. We need a thin, light easy carry switch without ears (slimmer than an old fashioned LL). The Protech Brend2 is great, but too expensive to use as an EDC. If you wreck it, there goes $150-200.00.
Steel strings and steel springs...what could be better?
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

the leverletto is one of my favorite users (minus the guards). I use a sheath so don't need to worrry about pocket carry or my droopy drawers. :oops:
This one has been my recent e.d.c. , put it together from spare kit parts I had kicking around. It still needs to be finished ,but as a beater knife I'm not worried about the fit and finish. At some point in time I'll probably spiff it up a little .