Frank B

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
j.a.c.

Re: Frank B

Post by j.a.c. »

truthandjaney wrote:Pyscho!!!!! :shock: :twisted: Dressing up like Mother...ooh ick!
R.O.F.L.M.F.A.O. ..............http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-OLD-LADY-WI ... p1638.m118
Cryptomecanic

Post by Cryptomecanic »

I remember you guys talking about swinguard.com so I went to check it out and shure enough only a few seconds after signing up I got an e-mail telling me I had won a $200 knife, that was enough to scare me off. the site is still up but it looks like nothing has been changed in a while
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

I wouldn't doubt but what several of the "members" of the BS forum were really only BS "behind the curtain".

My question, and many others, is:

Why did it take SO LONG and SO MANY EXCUSES and SO MANY SERIOUS ILLNESSES and SO MANY FAMILY TRAGEDIES and SO MANY Mr.H HACKED OUR FORUM AGAIN and SO MANY REQUESTS FOR "CONTRIBUTIONS" and SO MANY OTHER OBVIOUS STALLS and ALL OF THE "IT'S SOMEBODY ELSES FAULT, NOT BS's" for SO MANY PEOPLE to realize that the king had no clothes??

It's not like there weren't people out there offering a different slant on all of the BS.
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

JerrBear wrote:Thanks for clearing that upness for me, Mr. Texasmad. That "They are the same person" comment was sorta, kinda 'creepy!' :P
Yeah, I was sort of picturing a guy like the Steve Martin character in the movie The Man With Two Brains. Either that or Two Headed Transplant. It's comforting to know there's a more rational explanation.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

horizonod wrote:I wouldn't doubt but what several of the "members" of the BS forum were really only BS "behind the curtain".

My question, and many others, is:

Why did it take SO LONG and SO MANY EXCUSES and SO MANY SERIOUS ILLNESSES and SO MANY FAMILY TRAGEDIES and SO MANY Mr.H HACKED OUR FORUM AGAIN and SO MANY REQUESTS FOR "CONTRIBUTIONS" and SO MANY OTHER OBVIOUS STALLS and ALL OF THE "IT'S SOMEBODY ELSES FAULT, NOT BS's" for SO MANY PEOPLE to realize that the king had no clothes??

It's not like there weren't people out there offering a different slant on all of the BS.
Nick, my only excuse is a parochial attitude of believing that nobody can be all bad, and my inability to accept anything I see on the internet at face value. In view of the evidence, I think I owe you a (long overdue) apology for banging heads over this issue.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
little cuts

Post by little cuts »

Hi, nick.
You have a knife site with a very good variety of edged toys. I bought whatever I wanted without a 2nd thought. Brad and Susan had no bearing on what I bought. I don't know how you can compair your offerings to his hand full of wobbly knives and a sermon full of hype..If you mentioned getting sick EX-SG folks would care for you ,,
:just as much. The Brad /Susan connection I think was dead in a year,. Everyone has learned from this carnival. Some strange pair...will have there day in the end.... :mrgreen:
little cuts
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Nick,

Hindsight being 20-20 I think it took a long time for some of us because we did not focus on the details. I'm speaking for myself and probably others as well. I participate in the forums because I enjoy collecting, learning about, and discussing switchblades, and not because I enjoy participating in interpersonal disputes. To me, switchblade collecting in its entirety including the forums is a pleasant diversion from the demands of my life. Therefore when disputes arise I tend to tune out and gloss over them. Hindsight being 20-20, I should have paid more attention. I too offer you and all those negatively impacted an apology for not paying closer attention sooner.

Jim
little cuts

Post by little cuts »

I do agree with you Jim D.
I am guilty of having to deal with lifes problems so when it comes time to consentrating on a dealers problem if I like them I will just use them. I believe my 1st buy was from Nick . It was a Microtech Excedus. I really was not sure the extent of what he was being put thru. .I want you to know that I feel bad you suffered considering I had dealings with both dealers and you were the man I never had a problem with. Hopefully this type of scamming will not plaque are hobby again.
little cuts
butch

Post by butch »

I started getting warnings from nick and a few other people I trust while I was a mod for B.S. I wasnt sure at the time what I was being warned about then I got P.M.s from Brad himself asking me to help get rid of people who complained because he didnt keep his end of the bargain by actually shipping the knives people paid for, from that moment on I dropped that place like a hot coal and I thank Nick and those friends who were watching my back.
truthandjaney

Post by truthandjaney »

I offer no apology as I never bad mouthed any one and much like jim d was only intersted in collecting sb's. I did however sit back and watch to see if the fabled tales of the next most inovated swinguard that was to sweep the knife collecting community ever materialized. It never did. I was never taken for a loss and as it turned out I got what I paid for (surprise). I never got into bad mouthing one seller or another as I believe ones reputation is earned by their actions. I felt brad was susan and many others at the forum, and that illness's occured at the most inopportune times, (everytime). No one deserves to be that sick and still be alive! I didn't get banned until about 2 weeks after the release of the 50th when I made my feelings of it known. I think it sucks what he's doing to the community, but his rep. is severely damaged and I would never do business with him again.
T&J
Radius

Post by Radius »

truthandjaney wrote:Pyscho!!!!! :shock: :twisted: Dressing up like Mother...ooh ick!
Dammit T&J !!
I shot Pepsi through my nose. Do you know how bad that burns? :lol:
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Jim, Tom, David, Al, Claudster, Teq, Wally, Bonz and everybody else.

I realize that we mostly come to forums to learn, discuss, inform, "cut up" and Shoot the $#!+. ( I was going to say "Shoot the BS" but somehow that seemed too literal :shock: )

That's why I visit some forums. Many people that otherwise would never cross paths gather where there is a common thread. Along the line, though some become friends and feel somewhat akin to almost everybody. Friends, as Bootch said, watch each others backs. While the forums are mostly for the enjoyment and edification of the members it is also a place where people gather in a common interest. Where better to sound the alarm of a huckster in the neighborhood??

I sincerely regret the divisions brought about by all of this. I, and several others, knew of no better way to warn our fellow knife knuts and protect good people from bad things.

Please, ALL, accept my apologies as well. I could have been more diplomatic but I doubt that would have made much difference. Some of you have seen and some experienced first hand how BS worked his charms. A few got a peek behind the curtain, didn't like what we saw and thought others should know.

BS was VERY good at manipulating the masses by dividing them into manageable groups with him being the central control. He could have done well had he just played nice.

The horse that wouldn't die has finally given up the ghost!!

I hope this realization brings back the peace, harmony and friendship in our community.

Peace. Nick

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Ah Nick, Ya brought tears to my eyes. :oops:
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

We have had people leave before with "their tail between their legs" only to be welcomed back with open arms :roll:
Hopefully if Brad EVER tries to return, our memories are longer this time :!:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Vagrant wrote:We have had people leave before with "their tail between their legs" only to be welcomed back with open arms :roll:
Hopefully if Brad EVER tries to return, our memories are longer this time :!:
Anna BIG "AMEN" to THATNESS!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?