microtech utx clone

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
SicilianChameleon

Post by SicilianChameleon »

ALERT:

UTX Clones are back in stock at STU711. $38.00

I'm sicilian chameleon, and I approve this message :roll:
Demonicus

Post by Demonicus »

Do the clones have a solid, sturdy feel to them?

Looks very nice actually.
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

Demonicus ,
in the short time I've had mine , I've already reached the 1000 click mark (guestimate ) not one misfire yet nor has the blade jumped track.
well made ,but too small to call it sturdy , just a fun LITTLE knife.

switchman1

knife

Post by switchman1 »

I just ordered two from Stu, I missed out on these the last time out, looking forward to getting them and checking them out. Looks they would be fun for click therapy.
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
Demonicus

Post by Demonicus »

Thanks for the info. I might have to get one to hold me over until I can afford the real deal.
krakenten

small clone

Post by krakenten »

This is more like a penknife than a combat blade.
I can see using one of these day by day for many years, opening packages, cutting tape, slitting envelopes and sharpening lead pencils.
And how many knife fights does a guy get into these days, anyhow?
Or how often do you go hunting for large or medium game, get lost on a desert island, that sort of big knife stuff.
This looks practical.
Life has no value, Death has a price
butch

Post by butch »

if it ever came down to hand to hand combat (im talking military) a good ol fix blade is the "best choice,I wouldnt suggest an otf "clone" for that.
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Glad this came up.
It has been strange around here lately. I like otf's alright but found that a lot of them are overpriced garbage.
I have had good luck with the concords and the ultra cheap Nato's but the Nato's, at least that I have had didn't hold an edge at all.
Well It seems that I have been over whelmed with otf's lately and saw these on Stu's site and wondered about them. I like the style better than most but wondered if the held up.
A 1000 fires hmmmm, not bad but hardly broken in.
Thanks for the input. Can't wait to hear what other's have experienced with them.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
krakenten

OTF

Post by krakenten »

Otf knives are not elegant, not tight, but they are a lot sturdier than they appear to be.
I've seen them used hard as general work knives, used one pretty hard myself in my Deputy Sheriff days.
You can operate them so easily, it's convenient for all sorts of tasks, especially the ones that require you to hold something that will sort of escape if you let go of it.
Otherwise, the damned things are pretty small potatoes!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Just received a pair from Stu this day (one for me, one for my Bestest Buddy)...

They're "cute" alright, but I don't like 'em! They're so small, they are difficult to hang onto, especially when retracting. The button is stiff and killing my thumb (I've been accused of having 'girly-man' hands)... It rattles like hell when closed - Very little rattle when open.

The blade is not very sharpness... It locks-up tight with very little play.

I'm afraid I don't see anything that justifies its $38 buck dollar price...

----------------------------------------------

Laterness:

Well what do you know... The damned thing just broke! I fired it anna blade came out half way and stopped. I can rerail it and it retracts as it should. I rerail it by pulling out the blade until it locks open, or tap the butt on my palm when closed. Either way the blade will only come out half way when fired...

Any suggestions, other than sending it backness?
Last edited by JerrBear on Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I got one this week also, from Stu. What Jerr says is true, especially about the button. I've got gnarly little steel-claw mechanic hands, and the button even makes my calloused thumb sore.

I kind of like it though, it's so small that it works OK as a substitute for my usual Swiss Army Classic as a pocket knife.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
krakenten

See?

Post by krakenten »

As usual, Jerribear is right on time!
I was getting ready to buy one.
Not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent.....
Thanx, Jer!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

UPDATE:

Now, get this... I've been playing with it (the knife, stUPid, the knife! :P) in spite of my sore thumb, and now it is opening alright. Only now, it won't retract! When it's locked open, the button slides freely back and forth with nothing happening. I have to slide the button down and push the blade in by hand. Then I have to reset it by tapping the butt on my palm, or even on my easy chair...

ARRRRRRRRRG! Is making me MOS' CRAZYNESS!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

Jerrbear ,sounds like you got a defect, haven't had a single problem with mine.
mine gets a good hour or two of flicking daily.
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

[quote="JerrBear"]Just received a pair from Stu this day (one for me, one for my Bestest Buddy)...

They're "cute" alright, but I don't like 'em! They're so small,g. The butt is stiff and killing my thumb (I've been accused of having 'girly-man' hands)... It rattles like hell when closed - Very little rattle when open.
Well Jerrbear thanks for the insight!
Now back to the knife...I had been thinking about buying one but will wait now.
Would like to hear if anyone else has had problems...with the knife!
I'm sure that ya ought to return it to Stu and resist any other urges that you may have with what to do with it.
If others are having problems with them I'm sure he would want to know about it so he can either get good ones or quit selling them.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!