favorite rock band

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Grim

favorite rock band

Post by Grim »

just outta curiousity whats your favorite rock band new or old i dont care
just want an opinion my favorite is metallica james hetfield is the man and all the other metallica dudes that rocked out from past to present.I went to the bar tonight to play pool and i noticed that the jukebox had metallica on it and i had to play seek and destroy at
least five times till i got my fix i think metallica is a legend i cant get enough of the shit from kill em all to st anger i think there the best that ever got on stage and gave it there all sometimes i look up at james hetfield as father figure seeng how mine left me my mother my sister high and dry with no child support and love only pathenic pity calls from other states,I mean i gotta have an idol no matter how big or small you know.I mean not to get deep with you guys but your all ar like a family in a way we look over the same forum ever day so share with each other.Just wanted to share i hope you dont mind thanks Matt :wink:
Demonicus

Post by Demonicus »

It all started years ago with the theme from the TV show SWAT. I'll never forget it. There was this drum solo somewhere in the middle of the theme. Got me to my soul. Then, I remember my parents taking me to a Neil Diamond concert. All I remember was being amazed by the volume and the power that poured through my body, and how the drums just pounded my soul. From those very early experiences, drums have guided my life. The rhythm, the power, the subtleties, the pure essence of life that they can portray. I've been hooked ever since. Everyday. Every breath. Oops!
Ranted again! Rock...right...first it was KISS. Then Black Sabbath, then AC/DC then Iron Maiden then..ah Hell...I just can't put a number one on rock (that's actually more classified as Heavy Metal than rock...rock is an entirely different category), or music in general. No way, no how. Most recently, I really like Mastodon. Very creative and their drummer has mean ass soul!!! Yes, Metallica had their day. Of which I enjoyed. Live...love...ROCK!!!!
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Hello all!

My favourite music is the hard rock from the '70: Led Zeppeling, Black Sabbath, and Deep Purple mainly. Then Iron Maiden, of course, and many other metal bands from the 80s to now.
It's not only hard rock and metal, however: picking at random, I like Bruce Springsteen, Nirvana, Green Day, Sex Pistols, RHCP, Jefferson Airplane, Rolling Stones, Beatles, ...

M.
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

pantera, r.i.p. dimebag
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
butch

Post by butch »

arthas wrote:Hello all!

My favourite music is the hard rock from the '70: Led Zeppeling, Black Sabbath, and Deep Purple mainly. Then Iron Maiden, of course, and many other metal bands from the 80s to now.
It's not only hard rock and metal, however: picking at random, I like Bruce Springsteen, Nirvana, Green Day, Sex Pistols, RHCP, Jefferson Airplane, Rolling Stones, Beatles, ...

M.
thats exactly the stuff I listen/listened to I grew up with that music.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

my favorite type of rock n roll, it's gotta be the old stuff. i love a good saxaphone sound. and grim... one of my favorites is from r.i. john cafferty and the beaver brown band.

tryker
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

TRYKER wrote:my favorite type of rock n roll, it's gotta be the old stuff. i love a good saxaphone sound. and grim... one of my favorites is from r.i. john cafferty and the beaver brown band.

tryker
good choice ,being local I got to see them a bunch of times at outdoor events , mostly freebies.

toss in J.Giels , most any one from the 70's , and most of the grunge bands from the 80's.

don't really listen to heavy metal or hard rock ,last time I went to a metal concert it was a Black and Blue concert ,and Ozzie was still with the band. :shock:

More of a country music and easy rock kinda guy.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

yup i'm a c&w fan myself but i also like srv, and kitaro,never really liked heavy or hard rock.

tryker
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

forgot to mention in my last post.
I read somewhere ,way back the the beaver brown band just started out ,that they were sitting around trying to come up with a name for the band .
rumor goes they got the name from a a can of brown shoe polish . :?:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, AeroSmith, Steppenwolf, Crosby Stills and Nash and on and on and on 8)
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

For live performances, I'd rank the Stones first, then Hendrix, The Moody Blues, then The Who. Never saw the Beatles, but I'll bet they were good on stage.

Recorded music; Hendrix's studio work, The Beatles, J.S. Bach, then (again) The Moody blues.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
collectall

Post by collectall »

i like all music, gratefull dead a listened too a lot, pink floyd, the doors, steve miller band, tom petty, and well u get the picture..
collectall
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

Stones, Yardbirds, Them, Moody Blues,Hendrix,J Geils etc. etc.
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
Dick Carroll

Post by Dick Carroll »

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, Bob Seger, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimmie Vaughn, Allman Brothers and the list goes on....but I really like the blues and Bluegrass. For a real kick and to show real talent while crossing over into another venue; check out The Fantastic Pickin' On Series. With songs from groups like the Stones, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Springsteen, Led Zeppelin, Skynyrd, U2, Phish, Greatful Dead, Dave Matthews, and the Eagles all done in blugrass.....
All who enter here bring happiness, some by staying, some by leaving...
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Eric Burton, B.B. King, Willie Nelson, Van Morrison, Sarah Mclachlan, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Sarah Brightman, Buddy Holly, Joe Cocker,Joan Baez, Loreena McKennit, Oh and I love Susan Tedeschi plus dosens of others. Can't put it down to one.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson