PA knife laws 2016

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Flicknifer

PA knife laws 2016

Post by Flicknifer »

There has been a bill presented in PA to remove all restrictions on knives including autos. It's difficult to find the current results. All but one link seems to take me to old reports. The most current I've seen was one that said that it was adjourned on January 4.

Anyone know the results or is it still pending?

Currently, it's legal to own as a curio but not to carry, sell, etc.

I'd appreciate any info that you might have for our Pennsylvania members.

Thanks

Stu
"Down in town the circuit's full with switchblade lovers so fast so shiny so sharp.." -Bruce Springsteen ("4th of July")
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: PA knife laws 2016

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
john

Post by john »

Bill beat me to it;the best source is Doug Ritter from kniferights.com. He will know the status. Sign up for is newsletter. It is very informative. Doug has done a great deal for the knife community in the USA. He's been able to rewrite knife laws in several states. Doug is waging war on ridiculous knife laws. Become a member or make a contribution today.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

Be nice if this could pass, maybe then we could get some new Case automatics.
john

Post by john »

It passed in Wisconsin! I hope the governor of Pennsylvania has the same good common sense.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Shiver

Post by Shiver »

Yes! Wisconsin now allows knives, including switchblades, (signed into law by the Governor on 2-6-16) to be carried, concealed if preferred, by anyone who is legally able to own a firearm. You do not need a concealed carry permit, just the standard legal right to own a firearm i.e., not be a convicted felon or a mental case, I guess. That is really fantastic! Cheers to Doug Ritter, who was there and gave the governor a custom Pro-Tech knife with the Wisconsin state seal and the Governor's name engraved on it. How cool is that!
Flicknifer

Post by Flicknifer »

It's been a while since I read about the bill that was presented to remove knife restrictions in PA. I can't find anything online with any current updates. I've been to the suggested sites but no word.

Anyone have any information as to whether this bill is going through or are autos still illegal in PA?
"Down in town the circuit's full with switchblade lovers so fast so shiny so sharp.." -Bruce Springsteen ("4th of July")
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Nothing has changed yet:

http://www.kniferights.org/

You can own them as a curio from what I hear
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... st15581881