Question

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Henry Jones Jr.

Question

Post by Henry Jones Jr. »

I’ve heard of some people owning about 500 guns at their house; do all of them need to be registered or would you be considered a threat and basically considered a terrorist?
sammy the blade

Re: Question

Post by sammy the blade »

I don't know the laws in every state but in Indiana there is no gun registration. You buy a gun they make the call and the dealer will say either long gun or handgun. They'll do the check and tell the dealer to proceed or not, no type of gun or serial numbers are required. The good stuff is on the paperwork at the gun shop, they have to keep the paperwork for seven years and then they can destroy it. That was told to me a few years back so I guess it's possible that it has changed. With 500 guns I would consider them as collectors.
2024 candidate for president
Henry Jones Jr.

Post by Henry Jones Jr. »

sammy the blade wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:51 pm I don't know the laws in every state but in Indiana there is no gun registration. You buy a gun they make the call and the dealer will say either long gun or handgun. They'll do the check and tell the dealer to proceed or not, no type of gun or serial numbers are required. The good stuff is on the paperwork at the gun shop, they have to keep the paperwork for seven years and then they can destroy it. That was told to me a few years back so I guess it's possible that it has changed. With 500 guns I would consider them as collectors.
Thank you.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

It's actually about 120 guns. All of them perfectly legal.
You do know I'm a former federally licensed gun dealer and LEO, don't you?
There is no gun registration required by federal law, except for NFA weapons. I have one of those, too-with the federal tax stamp paperwork.
You're really making yourself look desperate and silly.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Henry Jones Jr. wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:48 pm I’ve heard of some people owning about 500 guns at their house; do all of them need to be registered or would you be considered a threat and basically considered a terrorist?
This post was made for the sole intention of starting a fight. :roll:
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

whippersnapper wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:15 pm
Henry Jones Jr. wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:48 pm I’ve heard of some people owning about 500 guns at their house; do all of them need to be registered or would you be considered a threat and basically considered a terrorist?
This post was made for the sole intention of starting a fight. :roll:
Looks like it worked
2024 candidate for president