What's your EDC (Everyday Carry) ?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jason Bourne

What's your EDC (Everyday Carry) ?

Post by Jason Bourne »

Viking45

Re: What's your EDC (Everyday Carry) ?

Post by Viking45 »

My EDC varies quite a bit but for the last few months I trade off between these two.
Both are large folders with full 4inch blades. One is the Zero Tolerance 0200 (USA)
The other is the Pohl One by Eickhorn (Germany) it has a walnut inlay which is very cool.
The German version of the Pohl One has a nail nick instead of the thumb stud,I guess it's illegal over there.
I have three Maglites,two small ones(2 AA's) and one large one that holds four D's. I have had it 20 years at least.
(of course these aren't edc but they are kept in working order and are always close by)

My watch is a AN-225 MRIYA by Vostok Europe (made in Russia)

I rarely carry a phone,I find them annoying but I have an LG flip phone,nothing fancy.
ZT-0200.jpg
ZT-0200.jpg (148.55 KiB) Viewed 7072 times
Eickhorn_03.jpg
Eickhorn_03.jpg (471.99 KiB) Viewed 7072 times
AN-225.jpg
AN-225.jpg (206.29 KiB) Viewed 7072 times
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Nice watch and knives.

A small flashlight on your keyring can come in handy as well.

A multitool or a Swiss Army knife is good to carry also.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Thanks,I have a Leatherman Super Tool (1995/6) and in my opinion it was one of or thee best they made but has long been discontinued.
It's kept in the glove box of my truck.
But one can never go wrong with any Swiss Army knife.

My girlfriend bought me the watch back in 2007 (I think) it is very heavy but I like it. It has the glass window on the back and you can actually see the little colored jewels.
It is very accurate and I was surprised to find after doing some research that Russia is known for making all kinds of super high quality clocks and watches.
Aviator/Volmax,Poljot,Denissov,Sturmanskie & Gagarin and Vostok Europe are all premium watches,Vostok Europe probably being the least of the list but still very nice.
Here is a trusted online seller that carries only Russian watches(based in the USA)- www.russia2all.com

I like to keep my keyring as minimal as possible but you're right,a small light would be nice. I thought about a pen light.
Something like this- http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-atac-pl ... aQodrhoA-w
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

My edc is a SwissBuck and usually 9" Damascus blade stilettto or a Hubbie with Krupp carbon steel blade :?:
Ha
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

1158.JPG
1158.JPG (163.73 KiB) Viewed 6985 times
this is my knife EDC assortment:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Tom what is the stag lock back next to the Buck? Looks German but I can't quite place it.
Nice assortment by the way.

I almost always carry good quality knives but when hiking,camping or kayaking I carry the Cold Steel Pocket Bushman. It's a big folder with a 4 1/2" blade of German (Krupp) 4116 Stainless. The knife is made in Taiwan and you can still get one under 30 bucks,25 if you get lucky. Some are asking upwards of 45.
Super solid and incredibly sharp.
This is from the CS website,I have never seen this video but I am even more impressed considering the price. http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/95FB/P ... SHMAN.aspx
I have had four of these,gave one to my next door neighbor,gave one to another buddy,use and carry one and have a new one in the box.

On the knives I posted above the Zero Tolerance has 154CM steel and the Eickhorn has Boehler N695 stainless.
I also carry the Microtech Amphibian and a Microtech UMS (both are auto).

The Pocket Bushman-
Attachments
PB.jpg
PB.jpg (23.84 KiB) Viewed 6977 times
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

It is German..Weidmansheil lock back from the early 90s....
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Tom19176 wrote:It is German..Weidmansheil lock back from the early 90s....
Nice! It would be my pick of the bunch. Being a Weidmannsheil really sweetens the deal,I am a big fan of the German folders.

Found this pic a while back. Wow,how'd you like have this little jewel?
Attachments
Weidmannsheil_MultiBlade_DRGM_01.jpg
Weidmannsheil_MultiBlade_DRGM_01.jpg (137.6 KiB) Viewed 6977 times
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I have a few of those pocket bushman knives too!! Got them for $20 a few years back. Solid knives, but you have to close them carefully! The lock is a bit tricky...I have lots of German folders......Good solid knives!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Yeah the Bushman is definitely a "user" knife and closing it takes both hands but that's ok with me.
It's the kind of knife you don't worry about using hard and if you have a few then you know what I mean by sharp. These knives come with a very nasty cutting edge and have a big red warning label around them.
Opening them with the thumb stud never really worked well either,I haven't been able to efficiently open it one handed but never really tried,I just open like a normal folder.
I honestly can't think of a better or more rugged pocket knife for the money.
Big knife but has a thin profile in the pocket. The finish on the blade is another excellent feature,it's like the Microtech "stone wash" smooth as silk and the edge is polished.

I think you really need to hold one to fully appreciate the quality for 25/30 bucks....one day they will be made in China and cost even more :lol:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

For woodwalks I carry a Coldsteel twistmaser locks like an Opinel, or an Opinel. Both have carbon steel blades almost 5 inches long :)
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Vagrant wrote:For woodwalks I carry a Coldsteel twistmaser locks like an Opinel, or an Opinel. Both have carbon steel blades almost 5 inches long :)
I almost forgot about those. Very neat knife,I may try to find one on e-bay.
Like the thought of a carbon blade. Do those have a rubber handle?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Viking45 wrote:
Vagrant wrote:For woodwalks I carry a Coldsteel twistmaser locks like an Opinel, or an Opinel. Both have carbon steel blades almost 5 inches long :)
I almost forgot about those. Very neat knife,I may try to find one on e-bay.
Like the thought of a carbon blade. Do those have a rubber handle?
Handle is a [black] hard synthetic.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

a little more compact but very useful is the trail guide :idea: