Local gun shop....

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
heviarti

Local gun shop....

Post by heviarti »

On the 7th I called up my local gun shop and asked the owner if he'd bid on something on gunbroker for me. Not that it was an FFL item at all, I was just broke till payday. He said that was fine.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =193516832

I saw it when it was won, and it totalled out at $108. figured i'd throw him $20 for a total of $128. I went in to hand over the money... and he had a price tag of $146.95 on it. He says "well, a couple of other people bid on it and it went higher." What kinda nob-nozz does this guy think I am? I can frickin' see what's up when i click 'bid history'. WTF? The part turned out to be for the right rifle, just in the wrong chambering. That's cool, because the seller has an inspection period and is pretty cool. What's not cool is Tom being a liar. Especially when he's treated me as (seemingly) a friend for some years.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
whippersnapper

Re: Local gun shop....

Post by whippersnapper »

Print out the page and see him squirm when you prove he's a liar...Then tell him to send it back himself.
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

I have printed out a copy of the bid history. I went by with the bolt today and returned it, he has to return it anyway because he was the buyer. I ain't let him know I've got him figured yet. He was examining the page he printed, and was unsure if it was the right one... I said 'Lemme see that' , and he shrunk away... When I get my refund THEN I'll grab him by the stacking swivel. Kind of a shame, because his shop is the only one in town with decent ammo selection. he also has a Draco I want.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Methinks TOM izza DICK!
:P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
redeye

Post by redeye »

I agree with Jerrbear methinks tom izza dick too, if he wanted a handling fee he shoulda just said so up front as it is part of his biznez to keep his customers happy ,but to just balls out lie about it that sux
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

You know, I was gonna give him $20 whether or not he asked for it. He also knows I'm a man of limited means. I think he's a real.... monkey fighter.
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

That sux ,but I've learned from experience. When ever someone offers to do me a favor ,my first reply is.... what's it gonna cost me ??
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I think that gun was made in .32 acp, and it looks like that is what that bolt is for :idea:
But attempting to screw someone is always "the wrong caliber" :!:
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

Yeah, if someone asks me what caliber of individual he is, I'm'a say 7mm Nambu.
Bama

Post by Bama »

Man, that sucks. Sorry he did that to you. At least you know now....
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

Suckiest part is he's the only shop in town with layaway, and I need a pair of frames that's up on gunbroker right now.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

heviarti wrote:Suckiest part is he's the only shop in town with layaway, and I need a pair of frames that's up on gunbroker right now.
Mr. heviarti,

Screw layaway! Save your money and buy from someone else (hopefully someone who is honest). I wouldn't buy anything from that jimpin' weasel! I wouldn't care iff'n he had something I wanted priced at two for a buck dollar with a rebate - He would never get another damned dime from me! I would rather do without! Cut off my nose to spite my face? Perhaps, but I'd rather think it's because I have principles - One of them being that I never knowingly do business with liars and thieves...
JerrBear
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

Yeah, problem is these might be the last two in the nation. Need 'em to complete a project. Knowing someone is a liar makes you fore-armed. if I had the (as much as possibly) $800 I'd be all over 'em
ManikBhai

Post by ManikBhai »

Wait, wait now. Are you saying you answered yes to Question 11.L.? Did you renounce your US citizenship? Why on earth would you do that? I've never seen ANYONE answer yes to that one. Now I hate all gun laws and think that there ought to be none at all, but you gots to be a citizen to buy guns from a licenced dealer. I don't have any in stock right now, but I got an old friend at another store whose got like 5-6. Let my know if you reaply and get back in. To buy guns in the greatest country in the world you have to be a member of it. That said this isn't the best classified, put an add in the Gunlist or Shotgun News.

Last edited by ManikBhai on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

ManikBhai wrote:Wait, wait now. Are you saying you answered yes to Question 11.L.? Did you renounce your US citizenship? Why on earth would you do that? I've never seen ANYONE answer yes to that one.
Wait, wait now. What on earth are you talking about?
JerrBear