New Big Bali

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Trey45

New Big Bali

Post by Trey45 »

I got this shipped to me just a few days ago and I have to say I love it, Aluminum handles with G10 inserts, it's a well balanced , good swinging tight knife. No wobble when locked open or closed. All the screws have stayed tight so far, and if they come loose a lil dab of loctite will do the trick (wonderful stuff)

Give us this day our daily lead.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Welcome to my madness. If you find yourself happy with the econo bali you'll fall in love if you ever grab a nice entry level quality bali. Keep on swingin.

SD
butch

Post by butch »

S.D.'s right,Ive had china and japenese models since I began flipping them in "82" and when I got my microtech dragonfly I was amazed at the difference in quality.....and Price :shock: :D
Grim

Post by Grim »

I have a couple of jaguar butterflys myself and i have to say there exellent knives exept for the ocational loose screw
DONT TREAD ON ME
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Grim wrote:I have a couple of jaguar butterflys myself and i have to say there exellent knives exept for the ocational loose screw

Try Adding some loc-tite to end this problem.

SD
Grim

Post by Grim »

im not familiar with loctite any store recomindations
DONT TREAD ON ME
Trey45

Post by Trey45 »

Most any hardware or auto supply store will carry Loctite, make sure you ask for the non hardening type, as the hardening type wont allow for easy extraction of screws should you need to do so. I'm pretty sure it's the blue Loctite thats the non hardening, low temp use. I may be wrong on the color tho.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Nice looking knife, Mr. Trey45!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Trey45

Post by Trey45 »

Thanks Jerr, I think I'm hooked on these type of knife too, just like getting hooked on auto knives. From what I have seen the prices for quality are pretty much the same across the board concerning bali knives and autos. Altho I havent seen a bali knife with a 3500 dollar price tag like i have with a few autos :)
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Trey45 wrote:Altho I havent seen a bali knife with a 3500 dollar price tag like i have with a few autos :)
Betcha Mr. Stepdoody can find ya one! :smile:
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?