Looking for my first Bali

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
cubegleamer

Looking for my first Bali

Post by cubegleamer »

I'd like to find and add my first Balisong to my collection. I bought it at a Flea Market in the early-mid 80's. It was stainless. There were no holes in the scales. Each scale had a recessed image of a Chinese Dragon. Does this sound familiar to any of you Balisong collectors?
Knifeguy420

Re: Looking for my first Bali

Post by Knifeguy420 »

There were several cheap and expensive made balisongs with dragons, taylor/seto i believe has some but take a look at this a see if its anything like you used to have!

http://www.assistedknife.com/index.cfm/ ... /id/535970
' Snitches get stitches '
wild zebra

Re: Looking for my first Bali

Post by wild zebra »

Please do yourself a favor and save up for something good. You will spend money on cheap stuff and be happy for a short while. Then you will be very disappointed when it breaks. I hear great things about the bradley kimura, for under 200, then there is the benchmade 51 I believe, the blue and black that is very nice. As always BM42, yes you can find one. Vintage PCC I bought a Pacific Cutlery 68 for a buck 50 not to long ago. You WILL waste your money on cheap stuff, my first was a 50 dollar made in the USA bear and sons, it literally lasted less than a week. Yes shiver in horror I've dropped my 300 dollar bm42 about 50 times on the concrete floor at work. It barely has a scratch on it, great quality and it's backed up by benchmade.

good things come to those who save up and buy the good stuff.