Everyone here is so great, THANKS!

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
twinzdad

Everyone here is so great, THANKS!

Post by twinzdad »

Just a quick note to say thanks to all who answer my questions even though I address them to Bill. This place is full of great folks who know so much and are willing to share that with newbies like me, and I just wanted to take a sec and let you all know how much it is appreciated.

Thanks again to all,
twinzdad :D
GOD Bless Our Soldiers!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

And I thank them for their help, also.
Bill
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

I too would especially like to thank Bill. In all trades, crafts anf hobbies there are folks who would prefer to withold knowledge in order to maintain their edge over others. Not Bill, he is a premiere name in knife making and restoration, yet he goes out of his way to be accessible to all who enjoy the hobby. Thanks Bill, for always being there with a kind and helpful answer. You are a credit to this hobby.
s_witchblade

Post by s_witchblade »

mr_edge wrote:I too would especially like to thank Bill. In all trades, crafts anf hobbies there are folks who would prefer to withold knowledge in order to maintain their edge over others. Not Bill, he is a premiere name in knife making and restoration, yet he goes out of his way to be accessible to all who enjoy the hobby. Thanks Bill, for always being there with a kind and helpful answer. You are a credit to this hobby.

Couldnt have been said better ! A special thanks from Bob and I also to Bill De Shivs ! A True Asset to this hobby !! Thanks Bill !!

Gloria :D
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Thank you, all! I'm honored.
I figure it this way- I've been doing this work for so long, I figure I'll be pushing up daisies before too many people catch up with me in the work department!
Bill
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

mr_edge wrote:I too would especially like to thank Bill. In all trades, crafts anf hobbies there are folks who would prefer to withold knowledge in order to maintain their edge over others. Not Bill, he is a premiere name in knife making and restoration, yet he goes out of his way to be accessible to all who enjoy the hobby. Thanks Bill, for always being there with a kind and helpful answer. You are a credit to this hobby.
I agree! I remember when I first got into this stuff, it made me feel really good & still does, that Bill took the time to help me out, and I see him helping out others all the time. New knife collectors and experienced ones too. He is a HUGE credit to the knife community. Amazing at resotration work, a designer, and always posting positive words to all of us!

Charley
Last edited by orangeboy on Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

A hearty thanks from me to Bill as well! You have contributed MUCH to our hobby.

Jim
Frank

Post by Frank »

A grateful thanks from me also! If it weren't for Bill helping me out with some tips that I could really use, I would probably have chucked this hobby, and started collecting stamps. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kudos, Bill!!

Regards,
Frank
Don't blame me, I voted for Alice Cooper.