KC48 that won't close all the way

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JLLostsoul

KC48 that won't close all the way

Post by JLLostsoul »

Hi all, I recently came into possession of a kc48 that has a small problem. When closed, the point is still out 2 or 3 mm. I'm just wondering what the cause is likely to be and is there an easy way to fix it.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (415.62 KiB) Viewed 3520 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: KC48 that won't close all the way

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Dig around in the blade well. Someone probably stuck something in there.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Rubens Blades

Post by Rubens Blades »

It's a lockback,so it could be a bent backspring,a bent pin,or a couple of other little things,I would need smaller pictures of the backspring and the blade to make a more educated guess.
JLLostsoul

Post by JLLostsoul »

Rubens Blades wrote:It's a lockback,so it could be a bent backspring,a bent pin,or a couple of other little things,I would need smaller pictures of the backspring and the blade to make a more educated guess.
Ok, I'll take some pics on the weekend with the good camera, I can't get any good shots with the one I'm using at the moment!