Missa Bill

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

Missa Bill

Post by missaman »

http://www.sharperdeals.net/auction_det ... n_id=53306

Says it is a switchblade. Please if you can explain the backspring release???? looks like a picklock but I have nuttin???
It has a nail knick
Thanks Missa
dark2023

Re: Missa Bill

Post by dark2023 »

It appears to have some kind of spring or latch on the front bolster. It's also possible that the ring on the bottom is somekind of release device.

But, after all thats just my thoughts. I've never seen a knife like this before (My opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it)
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Remember Ragtimered having a couple of these. I think the knife opens by lifting the lock-tab.
If memory serves me correctly, Friedr. Herder was the source for the Krushke/Klass type backspring release. Friedr. Herder was a knife manufacturer that went bankrupt sometime back in the 90's, but not 100% sure.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Razor is correct.
There are 2 notches on the tang-one locks the blade closed, the other locks it open.
Lifting the tab simply raises the backspring out of these notches.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.