Walmart

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Walmart

Post by sammy the blade »

Guess Walmart doesn't want people to open carry hand guns in the store anymore. Can't say I blame them, In Indiana where I live you have to have a permit to carry a hand gun. Why would you want people to see it on you, makes you a target for an active shooter. Just my opinion.
2024 candidate for president
Tom19176

Re: Walmart

Post by Tom19176 »

They are also no longer selling handguns and certain ammo as per yesterday's announcement. I have mixed feelings about open carry. It is not allowed where I live, but I could see a possible criminal being scared off by seeing armed shoppers. I also agree that if only one person is armed, they would be the first victim.
sammy the blade

I remember when the Walmart in my area had off duty police in the store. Haven't seen them there for quite awhile, probably don't want to pay for them. It they're that worried they should hire some again.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Good points guys. I have noticed that the requests from the various companies all refer to open and not concealed carry.

Jim
sammy the blade

Where I live I really don't see a great deal of open carry. I'm sure there many leagal concealed pistols being carried. My thoughts on people carrying open is showing people not to mess with me. How hard would it be to walk behind someone shopping and snatch their gun while checking out watermelons. I don't want people knowing I'm packing, make them find out the hard way.
eddymunster

Post by eddymunster »

hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Went to Walmart yesterday, my concealed carry prints significantly under my shirt. I never open carry.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Very interesting video......
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

10 years ago or so I went to the local Walmart to buy a BB gun on an impulse. I picked a pump action with a little cheap plastic scope. At the checkout the ignorant clerk stated I couldn't buy it because it was an assault rifle and I needed a special permit. I insisted. She called the less ignorant supervisor over, who said the same thing. I dug my heels in and demanded to see the store manager. Instead, they got the clerk from the sporting goods dept., who told them both how ridiculous they were, and I was finally permitted to buy this weapon of mass soda can destruction.

When Jesus said the meek shall inherit the earth, he must have meant the willfully stupid. I never shop there anymore, and I wish no one else would either.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?