Forged In Fire

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Five Dollar Bill

Forged In Fire

Post by Five Dollar Bill »

I didn't know exactly where this would fit in, so, I'm putting it here. I'm wondering how you guys feel about the TV show, "Forged In Fire". We all know how real Reality TV is, and I wonder how close to real is this show. Can these guys really be making knives in 3 hours? I want to hear from the professionals. Thanks.
Be nice to us old folks. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.
sammy the blade

Re: Forged In Fire

Post by sammy the blade »

Don't believe everything you see on TV. It's fun to watch but so is Superman.
2024 candidate for president
Five Dollar Bill

As I said, "we all know how real Reality TV is". Every show has writers. If it's filming reality as it happens, what do the writers write?
Thanks for your reply.
Be nice to us old folks. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I don't watch much tv, so cant say I have seen it. I need to check it out...I will say it is probably possible to build a basic fixed blade knife in 3 hours depending on how fancy it is and if you are starting off with and basic blade heat treat...but you would be jammin and cutting corners on a total scratch built blade.
Five Dollar Bill

I would think so. Thanks. For those of us who don't really know the deal, it is a fun, and even exciting, show.
john

Post by john »

The only true reality TV is for example a live sporting event football, baseball, etc. and any other live event on TV, but other than that everything else is fake.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

john wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:23 pm The only true reality TV is for example a live sporting event football, baseball, etc. and any other live event on TV, but other than that everything else is fake.
Got to pretty much agree except for Jerry Springer show.
2024 candidate for president
Five Dollar Bill

LOL Is Jerry Springer still on? "Holy Distorted Reality, Batman!"