Smith & Wesson .357 686 tuning

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
rapidboy1

Smith & Wesson .357 686 tuning

Post by rapidboy1 »

I know this is a blade forum but i tried joining and posting at a S&W forum and cant believe how miserable those guys are.
No one wants to talk or help anyone out.

I got a .357 S&W 686 with a 6 inch barrel and i want it to shoot better.
I need to replace the front foresight ,smooth up the mechanism and lighten the trigger.
I also want to order some speed loaders and don't know what will fit with the standard Hogue mono grips.
Anyone know anything about these or even if you can point me in the right direction I'd be much obliged.

If anyone objects to firearms on the forum let me know and i will pull this.

Cheers

The Rapidboy
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If anyone objects to firearms on forum they probably won't object more than once. I'm sure the replies would be rather negative. I'll se if I can find any answers to your questions, but it may take a while.
Milu

Post by Milu »

We won't ask about the legalities of a 357 in the UK. (are you sure you should be advertising the fact?)
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Don't you have any gunsmiths in the UK?
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Milu wrote:We won't ask about the legalities of a 357 in the UK. (are you sure you should be advertising the fact?)
I think there may be differences between England and other parts of Great Britain. [Channel Islands, Wales, Scotland. etc]? But one of our members from there can answer better than I can.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

This looks like what you want.
http://www.bang-inc.com/products.htm
rapidboy1

Post by rapidboy1 »

Many thanks Mr Vagrant ,that looks like a good place to start.

Mr Milu ,i can assure you that my S&W is 100% legal and MR
Vagrant is correct that not all in the UK lost their hand guns.

Mr Falcon ,the problem is that handguns are not allowed to be moved by regular methods around or through UK so finding a gunsmith and getting your gun to him can be extremely difficult.

Many thanks guys

Rapidboy
Milu

Post by Milu »

As far as I am aware handguns are only still legal to own in the UK in N. Ireland. (some 20K FACs with registered handguns). I was living in the UK at the time of the ban and managed to export most of mine, I lost two of my .22s because of the last minute about face and consequent full ban. I am fascinated by how you manged to hold on to yours.

I believe there are possibiliies to own and shoot classics at "heritage centres" but they must be held there. I believe it is possible to own those super long barrelled revolver conversions through a loophole in the law. The only other legal exceptions that I am aware of are 12 FACs for pistols for defense, six of which are held by members of official bodyguard unit six are unknown.

If your handgun is legally held contact Joe Beatham, Gunshop, 15 Cat Hill, East Barnet, Herts EN4 8HG. Tel 0208 4402974 for pieces and advice.
Milu

Post by Milu »

Post scriptum
I of Mann, Channel Islands often have their own legislation, not strictly in UK. Isle of Mann has interesting speed limits.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Milu wrote:Post scriptum
I of Mann, Channel Islands often have their own legislation, not strictly in UK. Isle of Mann has interesting speed limits.
I believe they recieved copies of "Signal" [Nazis clone of "Life Magazine"], until late 1944 on a couple of the islands. That's rather seperate.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Rapidboy,

You may post anything you want in Off Topic, and this particular thread is gladly accepted in Mr. Vagrant's forum as well. You won't find anyone here offended by firearms, or the talk of it. I suspect you will be held in special envy by your countrymen who post here as well. God bless you for keeping what is rightfully yours.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Milu

Post by Milu »

Mr Rapidboy you have a pm
Milu

Post by Milu »

Vagrant wrote:
Milu wrote:Post scriptum
I believe they recieved copies of "Signal" [Nazis clone of "Life Magazine"], until late 1944 on a couple of the islands. That's rather seperate.
I have an encyclopaedia from the 1940s with a photo of an English bobby giving direction to a German Officer.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. Rapidboy,

You may post anything you want in Off Topic, and this particular thread is gladly accepted in Mr. Vagrant's forum as well. You won't find anyone here offended by firearms, or the talk of it. I suspect you will be held in special envy by your countrymen who post here as well. God bless you for keeping what is rightfully yours.

Best regards,

Bonz
Envious as hell here... :(

Best of luck
Teddy
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Teddy wrote:
Bonzo wrote:Mr. Rapidboy,

Best regards,

Bonz
Envious as hell here... :( Best of luck
Teddy

Post one of your old pics so he'll know you've "been there, done that" and know what you're missing.