Hoist One...

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Hoist One...

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Legion Of Fan-

Please take the time to join me in hoisting a glass salute to honor a fallen hero/ol' pal of mine, to wit: My close friend, Young Donn, passed away Thursday. He was a tried and true loyal best friend for 50 years. Also was a combat veteran in Seal Team 6, survived the invasion of Grenada wherein he lost 4 members of his boat team. AS a demolition instructor/expert, he always provided the best of our 4th of July entertainments. AS a youth, he was keenly delighted whence I awarded him his first real switchblade, which I procured in Mr. Vagrant's home turf, the Live Free Or Die states' transaction arena, behind the liquor store where we could buy beer on excluded blue law days. Note to Mr. Vagrant- eye believe you may recall meeting mine friend, AS I sent him towards thee at the flea years ago...
Anyways, Donn's wife had expired the week before, and in my real time talks with him, he exhibited the all too common emotional phenomena of-once the her goes, loss of will to survive ensues.., That was closely followed with a session of diabetic shock, then a 15 minute heart attack ride, which put him in a coma with multiple organ failures/ internal bleedings. His family exercised the DNR document, and he left this earthly dimension shortly thereafter.
AS a side note, both he, a US navy veteran, and his her, a US Border Patrol Agent, may not be eligible for any US Government financial family assistance for final Corpses' disposition. What's up with that? His surviving daughter and son set up a Go Fund Me thingie on Facebook to help with said expenses. If'n anyone herein has an inclination to contribute towards closing a chapter of 2 lives lived in service with honor, eye am certain t'would be appreciated, even if only a token amount...Facebook Donn and Cookie Porter .
In the interim, let us please join in a hoisting of the glass, a clicking of the button to honor someone you never knew that was ready, willing, and able to protect you...

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
jim d,

Re: Hoist One...

Post by jim d, »

Sir Wallace,

AS always, your prose inspires but this time you nailed it with the succinct "that was ready, willing, and able to protect you..." Maybe even a bit of an understatement considering a Navy Seal and a Border Patrol Agent!

I'm surprised about the lack of funding but I suppose we have to continue funding those who choose not to work at all :evil:

Jim
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Sorry for your loss. He seems like both a great man and American...RIP
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

May he have a special place in heaven.
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

Sorry for the loss of your friend.
I will hoist s glass and click a button in his honor.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

I am sorry for the loss of your friend and his Wife Wally,I will hoist my afternoon gin-n-tonic to both of them,I do not do facebook,however I will got my friend to do it for me.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Mr. Corpse,
My condolences for the loss of your friend. The death of his wife must have been extremely devastating. They must have been a tightly bonded couple.

I like you am very puzzled as to why burial benefits would not be forthcoming. The link below describes the current "simplified" explanation of these benefits. Why your friend does not qualify is a good question.

https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensatio ... burial.asp
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

sorry for your lose and i will tip a glass of moxie in hie honor.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"