jerr Bear

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

jerr Bear

Post by sammy the blade »

Does anyone have any info. On the Bear? He doesn't respond to email and I know he's been ill, kinda worried, doesn't answer the phone but I don't either. I consider the man my friend and any info. would be appreciated!
2024 candidate for president
Viking45

Re: jerr Bear

Post by Viking45 »

You beat me to it Sammy,I was just thinking about asking if anyone has heard anything.
Jerr and I usually talk through emails once in a while and haven't heard anything in a while.

Hope he's ok.
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Same here guys ! ....I'm a bit concerned ,.... I too send emails & forwards to him ,but haven't heard a peep in quite a while ! :( :(
Hope he's OK

Rondawg
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

It has been over a month since my last email contact. He wasn't good and I'm pretty worried.

Last week I asked Barb to try to get a hold of him but she hasn't got back with me.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I hope he is OK.....I always enjoy his posts....
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Same here about the emails, I send him a couple a week, last one was about a week ago asking if he was ok, haven't heard anything back.
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

I just got off the phone with Jerry's sister Linda, this is not easy for me to type this, jerr passed away on April 30th, he had COPD pretty bad and his heart just finally gave out, she is at his house now taking care of things, jerr was very well loved and will be greatly missed!
RIP my friend :cry:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

This is devastating news! Jerry was an icon here, it won't be the same without him.

It's strange; on the internet you can know someone 2000 miles away, never meet them or even speak with them, yet you feel you know them. I'm shocked ans saddened.

R.I.P. Jerr

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
redeye

Post by redeye »

Damn that sux me and him was headbutting buddys we spoke many times on all sorts of subjects he will be missd mostness
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Very Sad news...He will be missed....
lars

Post by lars »

Very sad to hear this. R.I.P. Jerr.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Rest well Mr. Jerr Beer!
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Furcs

Post by Furcs »

Very sad news to hear about a very kind man. Also never met him, never talked to him, but just looked back and saw pm's from him talking about the (then) new 2011? forum knife. I had posted that I wanted to change my order from one, that I had already sent money in for, to two..but I was on the road and wouldn't be able to send money for the second for a few weeks. He pm'd me and straight out and told me to up my order, he would cover it, and I could pay him back whenever I could. This is from some someone I'd never met, talked to, and furthermore I hadn't even been a member here all that long. What can you say about someone like that that's gone, other than he will be missed, and the world needs more like him?
Through this board I got to know this gentleman and I'm thankful for that. Funny how he could play up to being cantankerous, but I think we all saw what a gentle man he was. Rest in peace Mr JerrBear.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

That's jerr all the way!
2024 candidate for president
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I just noticed on May 23 Jerry would have been a member here at Talk Blade for 14 years.
His last post was March 21.
I just have not been able to get my head around it yet.