Ultimate Man Purse

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jason Bourne

Ultimate Man Purse

Post by Jason Bourne »

Viking45

Re: Ultimate Man Purse

Post by Viking45 »

Actually I am very impressed with this bag. I like most of the things he had but I would add a first-aid upgrade.
However I prefer the term "bug-out bag" or "emergency bag" over man purse. (that's just me) 8)

Did he say what this bag was called? They have a lot of options at the website.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

VIKING its a maxpedition neat freak organizer
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

TRYKER wrote:VIKING its a maxpedition neat freak organizer
I understand that man but where will I put my Chap-Stick? You Yanks just don't get it. :lol:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Viking45 wrote:
TRYKER wrote:VIKING its a maxpedition neat freak organizer
I understand that man but where will I put my Chap-Stick? You Yanks just don't get it.
Chap-Stick is a great lube/rust preventative :idea:
All that stuff and NO pistol :?:
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

keep the chap stick with your fire making kit, works great with cotton balls
TRYKER

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

In all honesty I really like this bag,it's a nice size and looks heavy duty.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Check out the Maxpedition Fat Boy Versapack. It's a little bigger and will carry a pistol.

VBR,

Frank
Don't blame me, I voted for Alice Cooper.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

Frank wrote:Check out the Maxpedition Fat Boy Versapack. It's a little bigger and will carry a pistol.

VBR,

Frank
i have the jumbo, i like the idea of being able to carry a water bottle
TRYKER

Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Bourne,

The very fact they call it a Man purse makes me wonder about the intelligence of the maker. I mean, why can't they call it a Man's Sack?

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. Bourne,

The very fact they call it a Man purse makes me wonder about the intelligence of the maker. I mean, why can't they call it a Man's Sack?

Best regards,

Bonz
:lol: Got to give it to ya Bonz,you don't beat around the bush....er do ya now? :lol:
That's hilarious.
Funny story,born in LA in 63,lived most my life in the sticks of Southern Missouri then moved to Visalia California (76) and for the first time I heard the term "sack" while at a Jr High school in Visalia.
Us hillbillies called it a 'bag" they would call you a "sack" if you screwed-up or acted like a dumb-^ss.
I really got a kick outta that.
You Californian's have a funny way about'cha.
Sack! I cried I was laughing so hard.
Another funny bit- Visalia was more hillbilly than my home in Missouri.
All the guys had "rings" faded in their back pockets from Skoal and Copenhegan cans and wore huge Cowboy belt buckles.
They really liked me because I was the real deal,they loved my southern accent and the fact I wore cowboy boots.
Come to find out Tulare County and Visalia was big into rodeo and cattle.

Gotta admit I loved those days,Visalia is a neat little town.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Viking,

If it could hold a bowling ball, then it would be a BALL SACK!

Right Mr. JerrBeer?

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

This guy Craig Shipp who did the video apparently lives in Florida, I'm not american so I don't know if that's got anything to do with it? :wink:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Jason Bourne wrote:This guy Craig Shipp who did the video apparently lives in Florida, I'm not american so I don't know if that's got anything to do with it? :wink:
We are just having a little fun. I liked the bag in the video enough that I would consider buying one and may just do so.
I only watched about 12 mins of the 18 min video so I don't know if he covered first aid kits,I would certainly want some kind of first aid even if it were very small and simple.

Southern Missouri has several poisonous snakes such as copperheads,cotton mouth which is downright nasty and at least 3 varieties of rattle snake.
We have lots of thorny trees and shrubs and they are rare but we also have cactus on some of the rocky hillsides,poison ivy and poison oak.
These sound like trivial things but without any kind of tweezers or first aid these things could turn into a big problem on a hike or camping trip.

Some of our thorns (us hillbillies call'em "stickers") :lol:
Not sure what this first one is but it is very common here and grows in single stalks or massive clusters and is a nightmare when you find yourself in the middle of a big patch of it.
After you get in it lots of the fine needles stick in your pant legs and drive you nuts,truly one of natures little miseries.
Some of the larger thorns can be dangerous, I have had the honey locust thorns go right through the side of a heavy leather boot like a nail. Very nasty stickers indeed.
400.jpg
400.jpg (29.88 KiB) Viewed 4596 times
Honey locust-
401.jpg
401.jpg (81.04 KiB) Viewed 4596 times
Attachments
402.jpg
402.jpg (73.08 KiB) Viewed 4596 times
403.jpg
403.jpg (47.67 KiB) Viewed 4596 times
mo-cactus.jpg
mo-cactus.jpg (129.09 KiB) Viewed 4596 times
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

The guy in the video didn't mention keeping a first aid kit in his bag, but it would be good to have in a bag of that kind.