Bowhunting hay vagrent

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Vagrant wrote: I used to hunt Tarantulas with a 12 ga. A load of #8s can punch them at just the right range and leave just the leg tips around the hole in the sand. [I'm used to hearing "that's sick"].
I like tarantulas...............so many "drumsticks". :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

A hole in the sand with these little tips around it seems almost like the "Far Side".
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Vagrant wrote:A hole in the sand with these little tips around it seems almost like the "Far Side".
How do you do it? Shoot straight down on 'em? :shock:
Take a picture next time - I like that morbid stuff. :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Falcon wrote:
Vagrant wrote:A hole in the sand with these little tips around it seems almost like the "Far Side".
How do you do it? Shoot straight down on 'em? :shock:
Take a picture next time - I like that morbid stuff. :D
Been 30+ years since I did it, They are longer then wide so you shoot head on [or tail on] and let the shot pattern be a little oval shaped. If I'm ever "in country" again I might try again, if I could still do it pics would be a sure thing! [I assume there was nothing special about the choke on that [long gone] 12 ga. I had in those days. Most attempts left "mush" "chunks"
or totally missing arachnid, but now and then you got it right and damn I wish I had a camera in those days.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Vagrant-

I was on safari late one summer's eve in Clearlake, Fornicalia, toting my AR-15, and my pal had his 12 gauge. After the straight JD statrted to kick in, we came upon a lilttle clearing where some porcelain bowl mogul had stashed dozens of toilets. Shooting a toilet by moonlight point blank with a .223 is something all serious hunters should experience. Alas, no trophies were taken, as we had to hunker down to avoid the Sheriff's Dept., the booming of the shotgun and the endless rapid cracking of the AR-15 rolled down the slope, across the lake and caused a stir with the sleeping resorters. Peering down the grade, we could make out a flotilla of flashing blue lights. But, being country boys, those deputies were in no way eager to storm the hill. Shortly before dawn, we slithered up to my truck and slunk away.

Later, on the freeway back to the Bay Area, we got a convincingly flat tire. Whilst fighting a losing battle with the jack handle lug wrench with the pre-rounded off inner socket, I glanced over to notice some shiny CHP boots standing next to my open can of Colt 45. Somewhere up about 6ft.6", was the non-smiling, mirrored sunglassed cop head. "Got yourself a flat tire, 'eh?", says he. I had several snappy answers for him, but went with "Yessir, your honor." That got a smirk from him. He strolls up to the open door cab to see my passed out pal, 12 gauge, and AR-15 on the seat, goes to his cruiser, comes back with a 4 way lug wrench for me to use, and asks me if we'd done any night hunting lately. Before I could reply, he laughed out loud, told me not to leave any empty cans on the shoulder, and drove away. Whew...

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Just how the hell did we survive long enough to reach our ages without incarceration or massive trauma?????
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Vagrant-

Whaddaya mean- 'without'. Dammit, I've had both. I must not have read the hedonism rule pamphlet thoroughly.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Wally J. Corpse wrote:Greetings, Mr. Vagrant-

Whaddaya mean- 'without'. Dammit, I've had both. I must not have read the hedonism rule pamphlet thoroughly.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
O.K
Let me rephrase it without felony convictions or fatal trauma.
[I've been a "guest of the city/state" until Mr. Bailbondsman arrived, and the traumas did not get me certified doa].
butch

Post by butch »

Nice one Doc,In my 22 year's of hunting,I've take'n Quite a few buck,but none of which compar'ed to that! :shock: .

Butch.