Why I love PBS

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
stepdaddy

Why I love PBS

Post by stepdaddy »

The NJ PBS station that I get with my cable package has the 1978 new years eve concert of the Greatful Dead. Man SD is in his glory. Never thought I see the day when ya'd hear SD say I WANT MY PBS :lol: But that is where all the good concerts are at I've seen The Moody's, Steely Dan, the Eagles, Peter Paul and what that ok the last one was going to far I agree.

SD
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Yeah tonight at 10 the concert was for when they closed the Winterland.They are pledging so I see it listed 4 times this week.
PB
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Seems pledge time always brings out great programs. Shame that PBS sucks the rest of the time.

SD
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

WOW! Thanks, I'll have to check my local PBS listing. SD, it seems that we have identical tastes in music.

Jim
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Actually JD I love all kinds. From Oldies, Folk, Blues, Jazz, Motown, Rock, Heavy Metal, Acid Rock, Old Country, etc... But to see the classics that I was just to young to see when they first happened always makes me smile. Old Zep, Cream, Sabbath, Dylan, and Bon Scott AC/DC are tops of my list. Actually any woodstock footage rates up there real high also.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

PBS can surprise you with something good once in a while. My favorite was Roy Orbison's "Black & White Night." You know it's going to be great when the BACK-UP SINGERS are stars themselves - Bruce Springsteen, Bonnie Raitt, k.d. lang, Jackson Browne, Elvis Costello, Tom Waits. :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Elvis Costello
And her name was Veronica... :lol:
Damn haven't heard that one in ages.

SD
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

One of the best most unbiased shows on is Bill Moyers Friday night. He will expose any coruption and not offer any opinion but let you draw your own. We need more news shows that aren't controlled by mega corps. Frontline and Nova are also a sure bet as are the Ken Burns specials.
PB
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

stepdaddy wrote:
Elvis Costello
And her name was Veronica... :lol:
Damn haven't heard that one in ages.

SD
I don't understand the comment??? :?
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

I thought her name was Alison?
PB
moe

Post by moe »

I think Veronica was by the Kinks.
What!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

my body's achin' and my time is at hand
moe

Post by moe »

My mistake. Veronica and Allison are both by Elvis Costello, it's Victoria thats by the Kinks.
What!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

my body's achin' and my time is at hand
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Elvis was having an affair :lol: Cheating on Veronica with Allison. I thought the kinks sang bout lola, or was it Layla no I'm sure it was lola. Who sang bout layla?

SD
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

stepdaddy wrote:Elvis was having an affair :lol: Cheating on Veronica with Allison. I thought the kinks sang bout lola, or was it Layla no I'm sure it was lola. Who sang bout layla?
SD
Eric Clapton (Derek and the Dominoes)

Best wishes
Teddy
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Teddy how many bands has Clapton sang with I think it's like 5 or 6? Derek and the Dominoes, Cream, Yarbirds, Didn't he do something with Steve Winwood???

SD