FREE DVD

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

FREE DVD

Post by JerrBear »

I recently purchased a DVD - "The Swimmer" (Region 2) starring Burt Lancaster.

Since "Region 2" didn't mean nuffin' to me, I ordered it. Apparently, I don't live in "Region 2" as it won't play in my DVD player...

The company I ordered it from said they don't have a "Region 1" DVD to send me and offered a refund. Since I didn't pay very muchness for it, it wouldn't be worth sending it back.

It's a GREAT movie (In my mos' humble and totally worthless opinion) and if anyone living in "Region 2" think you might like it, I will send it to you. First one to PM me their mailing address gets it...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: FREE DVD

Post by natcherly »

There are services that can convert Region 2 (Europe and the Middle East) to Region 1 (North America), but the cost may be more than what you paid for the DVD. Might be cheaper anyway...
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

Get an unlocked or region free player or drive, and a scan convertor. Problem solved.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Since "Region 2" didn't mean nuffin' to me, I ordered it.
Hmmm....I didn't know there were different ones either.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

heviarti wrote:Get an unlocked or region free player or drive, and a scan convertor. Problem solved.
YEAH, RIGHT!

I'm going to buy a new DVD player and other equipment just to watch ONE DVD - I think NOTNESS!
JerrBear
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Very kind offer Mr. Bear but I live in the "outer regions" so neither will work :shock:
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

This may help some of you for the future. I buy dvd's from Europe in PAL format but have to convert to NTSC for region 1. Have had great success with this software; Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate. Can be found on any torrent sites with cracks.

REGION 0
Region free
Compatible with DVD players from any country

REGION 1
US, US territories and Canada-
American Samoa, Canada, Guam, Palau, Mariana Islands, Marshall Islands, Puerto Rico, Micronesia, United States, U.S. Virgin Islands

REGION 2
UK, Europe, Japan, South Africa and Middle East-
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Vatican City, Yemen, Yugoslavia

REGION 3
Southeast and East Asia-
Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Phillipines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

REGION 4
Australia, New Zealand, Central and South America-
Antigua, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, New Guinea, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad, Tobago, Uruguay

REGION 5
Former Soviet Union, Indian sub-continent, Africa, North Korea and Mongolia-
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, India, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Russia, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, St. Helena, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Zambia, Zimbabwe

REGION 6
China-
China

REGION 7
Not used

REGION 8
International Territories (ships, planes etc)
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

No takers.

OFFER WITHDRAWN

Going inna Dumpster...
JerrBear