Ancient aliens

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Ancient aliens

Post by Vagrant »

What if? Could it be? Is it posible?
Ask any question you wish.
Answer as you see fit.
You now create your own t.v. show :wink:
Tom19176

Re: Ancient aliens

Post by Tom19176 »

Hey Al! Good to see you posting more again!! The shows on now are very funny for sure.....Finding Big Foot, Ancient Aliens, and a few of the other UFO shows like the guy with the baseball cap and sun glasses.......
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Shows [like elections] reflect what appeals to the largest or lowest common denominator :idea:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I know no one is going yo take time to read this horse crap below but I must admit I have watched these programs not for the theories of aliens but for the interesting places all over the planet that have no explanation.

Ajanta Caves- All carved from the single stone of this solid granite bluff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajanta_Caves

Lalibela- Again massive church structures in Ethiopia carved from one solid rock that defy human achievement.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lalibela

If anyone has a reasonable theory on how an ancient civilization without a written language achieved something so incredible as the stone work found here in Bolivia please elaborate.
Several modern stone cutting experts have analyzed the precision cuts and have no idea how it was done back then or how it could be possible with today's technology and the sheer magnitude of the stones is mind boggling.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumapunku

Not saying any of this has to do with aliens but what I do believe is fact! Ancient human beings had a technology that we can't understand today and was quite possibly beyond anything we know today.
I am more of a believer in Atlantis.
What I do not believe is that modern man can "carbon date" stuff as accurately as they claim, Bulls*t!
I feel mankind and modern civilizations are far older then science tells us.

How do we explain the ancient city of Mohenjo-daro found in Pakistan where skeletons were found just as they stood 4,000 years ago and the surrounding stone walls of a seemingly modern city were vitrified? Only an intense radiation blast could do this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohenjo-daro

I know all this comes from the Ancient Alien bull crap but still I have questions.
All these things boggle the mind and have no reasonable explanations except little green men and I don't buy that.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Just because we don't know precisely how ancient civilizations accomplished feats of building and engineering does not mean they got help from beyond the stars, or any where else outside the earth for that matter. When you have an inquiring mind and LOTS of time to contemplate things (no TV, movies, books, etc.), the human mind can come up with some amazing stuff. So there really are explanations for these structures, man built them.

Just because we don't know what a particular UFO is does not mean it is from beyond the stars or anywhere else out side the earth for that matter. A UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object. Jumping on the Alien band wagon is really too simplistic.

Carbon dating is actually reasonably accurate within a few hundreds or maybe thousands of years +/- depending on how far back you go and some environmental variables. One must read up on the science behind it and learn.

Lack of a written language in the sense we know them today does not mean information could not be conveyed from one person to another and over big chunks of time. There are many examples of oral histories and stories that were passed down through generations by word of mouth, and not written down until relatively recently. The Bible Old Testament is one example, Beowulf another. As for technical data transfer, the Polynesians navigated all over the Pacific using complex sets of knotted cords rather than charts. Worked for them.

This country is full of low information residents. I hesitate to call them citizens although many can and unfortunately do vote. All the Paranormal / Ghost / Fig Foot / UFO / Ancient Alien Hunter TV shows are as popular as they are because we no longer teach critical thinking. If all ideas are equally relevant and deserving of respect, then the buy-in to this type of crap (non-nourishing mind candy that rots the brain) becomes very easy indeed.

Oh brave new world....
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

well stated, there is no reason to claim our ancestors "needed" aliens to asist them in performing fantastic things. Our ancestors were every bit as smart as we are. We should give them credit for what THEY did, not claim others did it :idea:
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Vagrant wrote:well stated, there is no reason to claim our ancestors "needed" aliens to asist them in performing fantastic things. Our ancestors were every bit as smart as we are. We should give them credit for what THEY did, not claim others did it :idea:
Aw hell Al, they didn't do it by themselves, the government helped them do it, that's what our fearless leader said. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

We [collectively] seem to be desperate for fiction, check the library and compare the fiction to non-fiction section :idea:
Watch Monsterquest how many "monsters" do they catch ? :wink:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I am just a simple man but I have read about carbon dating and in one study 4 different teams were given samples of the exact same substance and all four had very different results.
I cannot give an educated point of view on the subject.

We do however know about erosion and how the elements of nature affects different types of stone.
One thing I do believe and nothing can change my mind and that is that many of these things mentioned such as the Great Pyramid and Sphinx,some of the cities in Central America and Mexico are far older than the old theories tell us.
Years ago two scientists(both are erosion experts) from opposite sides of the globe came together and studied the Sphinx and both had only read about it,never been there before to study it.
Both kept their ideas to themselves and when they compared notes they both came up with the fact that the Sphinx was far older than the 3 or 4,000 years previous scientists estimated it's age to be.
Their conclusion was that the erosion was from water not wind and sand. This placed the statue in the time of the great flood between 9,000 to 11,500 years ago.
And this is the most widely accepted theory in modern science today.

Almost all religious texts,Hindu,Hebrew,Buddhist,Islam etc speak of a great flood. Science has proven that there is a very thin layer in the earth's surface that shows the earth was covered with water about that same exact date.
This means the Sphinx had been standing before this time. It is common knowledge that this part of Egypt was tropical not desert at this time.

One other thing that fascinates me is the fact all these civilizations built pyramids. From Bosnia,North America,Central and South America,the UK,India,Africa and China.
China has several huge ancient pyramids and they planted thousands of trees to hide them from the world. They don't want any outsiders knowing about them.
The largest known man made pyramid is either the Bosnian or the one south of Mexico City. Both are massive.
My theory is that this is a "shared" knowledge,I think these people navigated the oceans long before what we think.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

the earth is millions of years old. whose to say that advanced civilizations did not live and florish, many times in earths history. and every so often thru, floods, ice ages, or the shifting of the planet on it's axis. has cleansed itself to start anew. hell. look at the natural disasters were dealing with now !!! (washington dc excluded)
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Hell, I've met some people who I swear cannot possibly be from this planet... :P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I know of about 4 or 5 creatures in DC I wish would leave the earth or get put in it 8)
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

Any of you seen Unsealed: Conspiracy Files or Unsealed: Alien Files?
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.