Autumn leaves hazard

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Sam Hotton

Autumn leaves hazard

Post by Sam Hotton »

Yesterday we had strong winds here in Maryland. Leaves from the hardwoods piled deep around the steps into the house. I walk out of the house, slipped on the slick pile of leaves. Crawled back in house, wife drives me to Emergency Room. Torn ligaments in left ankle. Thank God nothing broken or hit steps with head or neck. Keep those leaves off steps, slick as ice. Tomorrow is "Youth Day" for junior hunters, I've got to strap myself up and take my 12 year old to the deer stand at O530hrs.
It looks like a Percocet morning.
SAM
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"It looks like a Percocet morning. "
The way we beat ourselves up, I think Percocet should be mandatory for anyone over 50.
Gonzo_Beyondo

Post by Gonzo_Beyondo »

Glad you're ok Mr. Hotton.

Leaves are'nt fun. Burn them.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Sam,

Keep it taped and you should be fine. I understand a rake works really good on those leaves. Ask Wally, he actually rakes the leaves of the branches. If your boy bags a deer, I have a really good venison jerky recipe. Will trade recipe for some of the finished product. Take care.

Best REgard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

Remember when we could dump a bike at 35 mph and get back on it to go get some band-aids?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I remember all the times I used my head to "break the fall" and soften the impact.
jthm

Post by jthm »

"Remember when we could dump a bike at 35 mph and get back on it to go get some band-aids?"

hell ya! I DONE THAT!!!!!! I'm lucky so far... I've only broken fingers. however... one of them doesn't work very well... been two years and it's only slightly better. and the other one healed up real nice. it's kinda deformed, but functional. split it in half this summer. note. "when heading towards the sidewalk face first, using the right ring finger as a primary defence is not a wise decision. smeared my glasses all over the pavement..." then I asked someone for a ride to the hospital and they started screaming and they called 911 and I got a ride to the hospital. and when I got there I got a lecture about bikes and helmets. but 5 months later I'm as good as new. I am so glad I'm young.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The list is long including one knee between a Triumph 750 and Mt Washington and the other between a .25 auto and it's destination. BUT never broken a single bone. How long can the luck last?.
missaman

Post by missaman »

Sam,
Glad to hear your okay. Good luck hunting
Missaman