Todays PETA chuckle...

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Todays PETA chuckle...

Post by Bonzo »

From the desk of Chuck Sheperd, News of the Weird:

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals petitioned Irvine, Calif., to create a roadside memorial for the truckload of live fish that had perished in a recent traffic accident (after all, fish, like humans, use tools, tell time, sing, and have longterm memories, wrote PETA). On the other hand, the traffic casualties that day were en route to the Irvine Ranch Market to be sold as food.

Amazing...

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Re: Todays PETA chuckle...

Post by JerrBear »

Misser Bongo,

Nothing surprises me about those wacky PETA people...

I must admit I do kinda like the naked ones protesting the wearing of fur coats...
:P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

HOW COME, peta members don't spray paint leather jackets when worn by HELLS ANGELS ???
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

[truckload of live fish that had perished in a recent traffic accident (after all, fish, like humans, use tools, tell time, sing, and have longterm memories/quote]

Man, I hope JerrBear isn't going to need any PTS counseling after that bit of news :cry:
HOW COME, peta members don't spray paint leather jackets when worn by HELLS ANGELS ???
They can't run that fast! :twisted:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Kinda silly to have a problem with any leather product. We eat cows and pigs why waste the hides?
You can't tell me all these PETA people don't own one leather belt,shoes or boots,wallets and purses.
I can recall people in the 70/80's that claimed to be vegetarians but said "they occasionally eat chicken and fish) Sorry folks,that doesn't make you a vegetarian :lol:

Anyone like pork rinds or is this just a hillbilly thing?
catavengercaptain

Post by catavengercaptain »

:roll: There is something fishy about this story . . .
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Viking45 wrote:Kinda silly to have a problem with any leather product. We eat cows and pigs why waste the hides?
You can't tell me all these PETA people don't own one leather belt,shoes or boots,wallets and purses.
I can recall people in the 70/80's that claimed to be vegetarians but said "they occasionally eat chicken and fish) Sorry folks,that doesn't make you a vegetarian :lol:

Anyone like pork rinds or is this just a hillbilly thing?
Best pork rinds in the world are made right here in the great state of Ga! :D
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Viking45 wrote: Anyone like pork rinds or is this just a hillbilly thing?
I likes FritoLay Baken-ets, especially the Hot 'N Spicy kind.

Matter of fact, just ate some not 20 minutes agoness...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

JerrBear wrote:
Viking45 wrote: Anyone like pork rinds or is this just a hillbilly thing?
I likes FritoLay Baken-ets, especially the Hot 'N Spicy kind.

Matter of fact, just ate some not 20 minutes agoness...
Yes sir those are pretty good(the hot and spicy)
You would like the kind they make down here in a huge iron kettle over a log fire and eat'em while they're still hot.
They have several kinds of flavoring they dust over them,one is pretty warm but the other is too hot for my taste buds.It makes my nose run and eyes water :lol:
Talk about good. But even I can't get them all the time so every once in a while I buy the store bought skins.

There is a little home-owned market not far from here that sells home made ones from down around Pete's neck of the woods and they come in a plain bag but they are darn good.
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

This reminds me of something that a friend of mine once told me; he stated that fish wasn't meat. I think that if I have to fight it to kill it and eat it's muscular tissue it's meat. Conversely he did consider beans to be meat. I've had to fight beans to harvest them, but I don't consider them meat.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Mmmmmm....Chicharrones :D (Pork Rinds)
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

daddyloko wrote:Mmmmmm....Chicharrones :D (Pork Rinds)

Mr. Daddyloko,

I find pork very difficult to eat, but those things can be quite addicting. I work with a guy from Mexico, and he does a bang up chicharrone job with a torch and his homemade salsa. Gotta love it.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson