Where does your screen name come from?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
gramps

Re: Were does your screen name come from?

Post by gramps »

One of my sons got married and had children then I became gramps. :shock:
If I only knew!
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Mine came from Frank Zappa's album The Grand Wazoo 8) Later on the spelling was changed because I was able to get bumper stickers and T-shirts from a radio station with the call letters WAZU and 13 was always the number I had when I played baseball and later on softball. Just a leftover from the 60's I guess.
wazu013
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

gramps wrote:One of my sons got married and had children then I became gramps. :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
wazu013 wrote:Mine came from Frank Zappa's album The Grand Wazoo 8) Later on the spelling was changed because I was able to get bumper stickers and T-shirts from a radio station with the call letters WAZU and 13 was always the number I had when I played baseball and later on softball. Just a leftover from the 60's I guess.
wazu013
Good to see other Zappa fans who also love switchblades! -the man was a genius composer :!:
Good topic, Dark.
"Everyone is your neighbor."
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

FreeTheArmy wrote:
wazu013 wrote:Mine came from Frank Zappa's album The Grand Wazoo 8) Later on the spelling was changed because I was able to get bumper stickers and T-shirts from a radio station with the call letters WAZU and 13 was always the number I had when I played baseball and later on softball. Just a leftover from the 60's I guess.
wazu013
Good to see other Zappa fans who also love switchblades! -the man was a genius composer :!:
I'm goin to Montana soon gonna be a Dental Floss Tycoon...... :twisted:
Good topic, Dark.
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

FreeTheArmy wrote:
wazu013
I'm goin to Montana soon... Gunna be a Dental Floss Tycoon...... :twisted:
Good topic, Dark.
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

My 9th-grade science teacher was about 117 years old and the poor guy had a lot of trouble remembering names. He had a lot of trouble remembering anything at all. He kind of mashed my first name and my last name together and came up with Jarvis, and it stuck.
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

out of curiosity, what is Jarvis a combination of.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

My nick is nothing special- I have been in the tree business most of my life and all of the "climbers" I worked with a few years ago were small,wirey guys, none over 135 pounds.
I am 6'2" and 220lbs so the guys called me the Viking.

The 45 comes from my love of the 1911 45 ACP.
missaman

Post by missaman »

Missa dark,
Missaman is a southern version Mr. Man. A name I I got while working in Baltimore and DC.... Two places you never want to visit :idea:
redeye

Post by redeye »

I got the nickname REDEYE many years ago during "HARLEYS, WHORES AND LIKKER STORES " faze of my life. My real name is Freddie and I was quite the hound back inna day and my friend Donna called me REDEYE FRED-EYE CAUSE YOU ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A SWEET EYE lol and it just stuck so thats my story and I am sticking to it lol
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
Blade Switcher

Post by Blade Switcher »

Mine is significant only in the fact that nobody thought of it before me . . .
Just one more and I'll stop . . . honest!
john

Post by john »

Mine isn't very creative, but easy to remember: John my name and 6-5-53 my birthday June 5, 1953.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

john wrote:Mine isn't very creative, but easy to remember: John my name and 6-5-53 my birthday June 5, 1953.
1953 was a good year. :wink:
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

I was an electrician in my working days and the last 10 yrs I worked for the M.B.T.A. the transportation authority in Boston as a switch maintainer. I worked on the signals and switches that put the trains on one track or the other, whenever the switches broke they said get the switchman hence the name switchman. It also goes with the fact that I collect switches. Jim
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Hi, jim. I always just assumed it had to do with switchblades. Interesting to see I was, somewhat, wrong.
---------
I'm still curious about Arthas, Vagrant, Javacupper, Hevarty, Lars, Tr4251, Daddyloko, Tequiza and Sicboy13
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"