Where does your screen name come from?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Trey45

Re: Were does your screen name come from?

Post by Trey45 »

I hardly ever post here, I doubt if any of you will remember me but I do a LOT of reading here.

My name is Trey, the 45 is my favorite caliber, whether it's ACP, Auto Rim, Schofield, Colt (or Long Colt as some folks like to call it) & 45-70. I shoot, reload and cast bullets for them all.

Here's hoping you all have a safe and happy 4th of July.
Give us this day our daily lead.
whippersnapper

Re: Were does your screen name come from?

Post by whippersnapper »

Great to see you post , Trey! 8)

Have a safe weekend!
tequiza

Re: Where does your screen name come from?

Post by tequiza »

Hey Trey, good to see you posting again 8)

.45 you say, just so happens I have a fondness for those too :D
1911 family.jpg
1911 family.jpg (670.99 KiB) Viewed 4460 times
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Ok Teq,that did it! I'm coming down there to make sure that sweet Springfield 1911 functions as should .
One can't be too sure,a second opinion is always a good idea.

Actually that SA is very high on my "want list". Love the checker job they do on those walnut grips.
(oh I'll even let you shoot my ole rusty 220 8) even old farts like me can see my sights in the dark thanks to Dr. Tritium)
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

The Springers are great shooters Dave but the Rocks are just as good a shooter but not as fancy as the SA's, anything I can hit with the SA's I can hit with the RIA's
and their customers service is 2nd to none if you need it, have a GI model I bought used and found the barrel to be out of time so I sent it back to the rep in Nevada and their going to take care of it and go through the whole pistol while it's there, it's a good solid 1911 with a low price.
If your gonna make it down here do it in the warm weather cause I ain't going out back to shoot in the cold, my old hands shake enough when it's warm out :lol:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
javacupper

Post by javacupper »

Mine came from another hobby. I'm so addicted to coffee that I decided I might as well make it a hobby. I buy green coffee beans and homeroast my own coffee. My daily drink is a blend of Sumatra, Yemen Mohka and Java coffees. It's amazing how well gifts of fresh roasted coffee go over with my local police officers. Since I collect objects that are illegal here (with an exception for collectors), it doesn't hurt to have friends in the right places.
The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
Blade Switcher

Post by Blade Switcher »

I can't imagine what I was thinking when I came up with my screen name. All I know is that I joined this forum and felt like I should use a less identifiable screen name for this forum given the potential legal issues (I used to use my real last name). I've since used the same name on a bunch of other forums, so my cyber identity got its start here. I've had more than 10,000 posts on AR15.com as "bladeswitcher."
Just one more and I'll stop . . . honest!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Dark2023-

Mine cyber-namage comes from a variety of hysterical history- to wit: Wally is a known ol' pal name, oft uttered by June in reference to the treatment of the beaver, "J." stands for JERK, of which I am, and Corpse was the label I en-noticed on a toe-tag after becoming deceased post-fatal car crash after an Aerosmith concert in 1974. Seems fitting to me...

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

Well, it's been 20 years since I first heard the Social Distortion song... Sick Boy... it was all downhill from there! Pic of the new tat I just endured tonight in homage... I chose the screen name sicboy13 as an ode to my first email address...I wanted just sickboy, but that was taken, so i settled on sicboy13...it's stuck every since!
Attachments
sick boy.jpg
sick boy.jpg (32.82 KiB) Viewed 4346 times

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Nice tat.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

I HAVE A HAT that says sick boy, try sickboy.com
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

That is a motorcyle clothing company, right? I had a Sick Boy patch on my Social Distortion Dickies coat... that sun of a gun blew outta the jeep tho! Here is the song if anyone is interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJjOccAQRMQ&feature=fvsr

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

YUP, they also work on bikes.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

my name? Heavy Artillery. Never had the chance to play with anything bigger than .50, but I do have an encyclopedic knowledge of weapons heavy and light. Your 1911 family photo is missing the wierd cousin: ODI viking with a Seecamp D/A conversion. or the one that plays basketball... the IAI Javelina... or finally the one with a case of gigantism, the .50 GI.

amusing webcomic: http://www.blastwave-comic.com/index.php?p=comic&nro=1
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I see you and I share a simalar knowledge of weaponry.

What your opinion on the 9x25 dillon and the 6.5x25 CBJ
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"