HAPPY ST.PATTY'S DAY!!!

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
FreeTheArmy

HAPPY ST.PATTY'S DAY!!!

Post by FreeTheArmy »

Happy St. Patty's Day everyone!
Be sure to drink lots of dark beer and whiskey!
Everyone's Irish today...
so listen to the Pogues and the Dubliners, bless the IRA, and eat plenty of lamb, potatoes, and cabbage.

Tis the season of Erin!

Buy your mother a beer :D
"Everyone is your neighbor."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: HAPPY ST.PATTY'S DAY!!!

Post by Vagrant »

ImageImageImage
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Saint Patrick was a gentleman,
Who through strategy and stealth,
Drove all the snakes from Ireland,
Here’s a toasting to his health.
But not too many toastings
Lest you lose yourself and then
Forget the good Saint Patrick
And see all those snakes again.

'Beannachtam na Feile Padraig!'
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

I'm off to go drink some green beer! 8)

Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
catavengercaptain

Post by catavengercaptain »

Sorry I love the Irish and know that in many cases the English have done them wrong; I will bless everyone else but the IRA, (at least the provisional IRA.) Fighting an honest war is one thing but I don't go in for terrorism.
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

catavengercaptain wrote:Sorry I love the Irish and know that in many cases the English have done them wrong; I will bless everyone else but the IRA, (at least the provisional IRA.) Fighting an honest war is one thing but I don't go in for terrorism.
I agree with Catavengercaptain. I wasn't going to say anything but had to comment on the IRA. I will also castigate the British for their treatment of the Irish over the centuries.
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

I hope you all were safe last night... didn't drink and drive; wore your seat belts; and took other precautions were appropriate (i.e. CONDOMS) :wink:
I'm still a little drunk, but I gotta be at a wedding in four hours so... big breakfast, big coffee, lots of water. :lol:

Sorry to offend anyone about the IRA...
In my defense:
we all have certain folks that we respect for different reasons. the use of violence against anyone other than in self-defense, is wrong. -a child knows that. my respect for the Óglaigh na hÉireann is in reguards to the response to British occupation and murder in Derry Ireland between 1968 and 1972. The story of "Free Derry" as it became known, is one not-unlike the stories of the American Revolution, the French Revolution, the Spanish Civil War, and so on. what came about in the following decades, with offensive attacks, was of course, completely inappropriate (in my eyes -as a spectator/history enthusiast). Nationalism as was desired by the people of Free Derry, was not racial/ethnic/religious supremacy; it was a desire for civil rights and self-governance. -a child can respect that. but perhaps i could have said all that, instead of just, "bless the IRA."

Cheers!
"Everyone is your neighbor."
redeye

Post by redeye »

As I and most Irish guys told the ladies they saw yesterday"EVERYONE GO BRALESS" LOL
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

redeye wrote:As I and most Irish guys told the ladies they saw yesterday"EVERYONE GO BRALESS" LOL
LOL! I hope I can remember that line until next year!

I missed posting it before 3/17, but this is an awesome scene from Miller's Crossing, which has nothing to do with St. Patrick's day, but does feature an Irish song and an Irish gangster and features a Tommy Gun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAnD9P4ummA
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

turbo_dog wrote:
redeye wrote:As I and most Irish guys told the ladies they saw yesterday"EVERYONE GO BRALESS" LOL
LOL! I hope I can remember that line until next year!

I missed posting it before 3/17, but this is an awesome scene from Miller's Crossing, which has nothing to do with St. Patrick's day, but does feature an Irish song and an Irish gangster and features a Tommy Gun

Great movie! One of my all time faves. Thanks for the post.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

turbo_dog wrote:I missed posting it before 3/17, but this is an awesome scene from Miller's Crossing, which has nothing to do with St. Patrick's day, but does feature an Irish song and an Irish gangster and features a Tommy Gun

Great scene,they were really burning those ole Thompson's down. I haven't seen that in years,now I'm going to have to watch it again.

He doesn't need a match to re-light his cigar,the barrel of that chopper will do nicely :lol: