Ive been hijacked (serious Topic)

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
butch

Ive been hijacked (serious Topic)

Post by butch »

Hello folks,Ive been having serious computer problems lately and aparently my computer has been hi jacked and all of my contacts are recieving Spam e-mails from my e-mail account,Please if you recieve any e-mails from me please delete it immediatley,I have no intentions of sending e-mails until this problem is fixed,my apologies to everyone who recieved spam from my account.

Butch.
thatoneguy

Re: Ive been hijacked (serious Topic)

Post by thatoneguy »

Wow. That sucks man. I hope you get it figured out soon
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

I got one from you yesterday. :lol:
butch

Post by butch »

no you got 1 from someone claiming to be me :lol: i dont send spam.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

That is a form of a virus. Believe it or not a free program called "Spybot" may be able to help.

I have done a lot of research on anti-virus programs and a friend of mine is a computer technician at Missouri State University and he told me ESET Smart Security is by far the best antivirus programm on the market.

I bought mine from the ESET website and it has it all- Virus protection,Spyware protection and a firewall. (He was right,this thing is awsome and it updates itself everyday)

You would be amazed at how many trusted sites we "think" are clean but are actually full of spyware.
Even google could have them.
Say you are looking something up and google lists it. Then the site that "was" there is no longer there but someone else came in,took that domain,you click on it and boom,you got a virus or spyware.

Good luck with this problem and keep us updated.