Woodstock 40th anniversary

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

Re: Woodstock 40th anniversary

Post by jim d, »

Tom,

Your tear gas story reminds me of mine which is detailed here:

http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... as#p144560

Jim
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Thanks, turbo dog, I've never seen this before. Hoffman claimed that Townsend hit him with the guitar in Woodstock Nation, but it looks like he may have been knocked off the stage, too. Even better!

Jim, great story! Excellent choice of sabotage, I admit with some grudging admiration. As for the charges, had you been caught, it might have been a lot more severe than you think. I ran into one of your counterparts at Watkins Glen in '72....or was it you my Guard defying friend? I was working plainclothes at one of those 2 day weekend concerts they held at the racetrack site. My partner and I were working the crowd, around 11pm, sniffing for drug dealers, as usual. A big amphibious vehicle, olive drab in color, went by loaded with concert goers smoking dope, having a good time, and we decided to hop on and see what we could find. Up the ladder we went, and rode around for 15-20 minutes until we decided that we were wasting our time. I can't explain why we didn't even bother to look and see who was driving; it was a drug detail and we were both rather stupid and single minded. Later when we checked in at the Sheriff's field headquarters; and since we'd already spotted the vehicle, we were given the assignment to go find it. By then it had been reported stolen. We assured Sheriff Dean that we would get it and bring the driver in, no problem. After all, the thing was huge, left one hell of a trail from those giant tires, and we knew the general location. We picked up the tire marks easily, and proceeded to hunt the thing. Eventually we lost the tire tracks. About an hour of futile searching, and we returned to the command post, utterly humiliated. To this day I can't imagine how we could have lost it, there was no place where it could have been hidden. My best guess is that the Guard got it back themselves, we never got a follow-up.

So, Jim; were you by any chance some sort of counter-culture Scarlet Pimpernel back in the early 70's, with a vendetta against the National Guard?

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tom,

No vendetta, I was just mad because they spoiled what was developing into a great evening AND because they blasted me inside my fraternity house for absolutely no reason other than spite or envy.

Jim
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Those are good reasons. What happened to the girl?

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tom,

I don't remember...

Jim
ecustomknife.com

Post by ecustomknife.com »

Thanks so much for the great story....

fmg
http://www.eCustomKnife.com